AVIC411.com

Stuck DVD in AVIC-D3

just had the unit installed and both the GPS and CD that I burned images on, worked fine.

We thought we would try a movie DVD (we just watched the movie on a Sony player in the house, so I know the disk is good, brand new first time we used it) and the disk won't play and we can't eject it. no errors on screen.

is there a way to manual eject the DVD?

thanks for any help

this is strange. I thought I may as well try to put a disk in to see if it would trigger the sensor in the cd/dvd drive, it took the disk and I can eject that same disk and also use it in the drive.

There were 2 of us when we put the movie disk in yesterday and noticed the problem. I have read the AVIC-D3 manual and it says 1 disk drive.

is it possible to have 2 disks in the unit, one working and they other stuck??

Nope. If it was able to take the disk in and read from it, there's no way there could be another disk in there. If for some crazy reason the unit was actually able to take another disk in the drive with one already in there, it certainly wouldn't be able to read the disk because it would be sitting on top of the first one. Maybe you ejected the disk and forgot about it?

maybe we had some flashbacks from the 60's?

we both watched the disk go in, I know this sounds crazy.... the van was tore apart looking for the disk.

well anyway, the gps works with the west disk in the drive, so that other movie disk is gone.... or maybe the wife is trying to commit me and this is the start of her evil work for putting in a fancy gps/ipod/usb/xm in her minivan.... I'll play her game, I won't put in the 12 changer.... that will teach her!!

• 3 weeks later...

yep, there was a little gap on the top and the disk was inside the dash. the installer found it couple of days after for us.

guess what?

it happened again.... took back to installer and had them do whatever they could to block the gap

no way can another disk slid thru now.

thanks