AVIC411.com

Have a 03 hummer h2 & thinking about putting in a z3?

Hi I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone has put the Z3 in a 2003 H2. I have heard good and bad and was curious on what might work best. I want to put a drop down monitor in back and have the complete unit still work with the steering wheel controls, rear controls and onstar. Can anybody give me input on what the best system would work in a 2003 h2.. Thanks

I have a 2007 H3 and I purchased a avic -z2 it works flawless. you will need the pac GM-onstar adaptor, it costs about 120 bucks. The z3 is the same as the z2 so you should not have a problem. I have the stering wheel control and i put the bluetooth mic together with the onstar mic on the celing.

I have a 2007 H3 and I purchased a avic -z2 it works flawless. you will need the pac GM-onstar adaptor, it costs about 120 bucks. The z3 is the same as the z2 so you should not have a problem. I have the stering wheel control and i put the bluetooth mic together with the onstar mic on the celing.

how did u put the onstar mic and the nav mic together? do you mean same spot, or use the same mic. Id like to do that but i couldnt when i tried. id appreciate ur help. :)

You willl need to get the PAC SWI-PS to control the unit from the steering wheel. The Metra GMOS-04 to have the use of On-Star. A Metra 40-GM10 to hook up to the FM antenna. A Metra 99-2003 for the dash kit. The PAC GMRVD will allow you to still use the factory rear flip down screen with no problem. Have fun. You will be happy when it is all setup and tuned right.

• 1 year later...

how did u put the onstar mic and the nav mic together? do you mean same spot, or use the same mic. Id like to do that but i couldnt when i tried. id appreciate ur help. :)

Did you ever tap into the mic of ONSTAR. I have a 2002 Saab 9-3 CNV and I am trying to use the mic on ONSTAR for my 700bt. Did you have success? And, if so, how'd did you do it?

You should also consider the new Z110BT over the previous Z series. Take all you know about the previous series and add about six new features and considerable updates to the technologies it has and you have the Z110BT. It is a much improved unit.