AVIC411.com

What's up gent's and gals' if any.

I have an Audi A4 2003 that I just installed the AVIC-Z1
I had to do some custom work to get the head unit to fit the dash but that was done. ok.

I got the traffic Nav, XM, rear carmera all going.

So now I just installed a foward looking camera that I installed in the front grill of the car with 2 IR-blasters with a 30ft throw.

so now at night on very dark streets i can drive with all my lights off and see forward, I have mastered the driving looking at the screen up to 80 mph.... its like the new sonar/F.L.A.R system being put into the cadillacs.

once I get my hands on one of those sonar ones I plan to install it.

just thought i'll give that idea out of some night riders out there.

[img]http://www.groovemiami.com/car/avciz12.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.groovemiami.com/car/Side2.jpg[/img]

I need to take some better pics of the headunit installed and where I hid the rear camera... i had to drill a hole thru my tag.... can't really tell its there.

:)

cheers!

nexusgrove
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm i'm working on the wiregram with the camera's and IR blasters I used.

also I forgot to add I have a DVR 1CH "digital video recorder" split off the front Video IN and split the mic line so when I hit record button on the pocket size recorder it records the front or rear camera feed along with any audio in the car, like a black box recorder. lol

you know, incase you get one of those not to nice cops;

well its really in "beta" testing I am waiting on some IR Illuminators that I had to order so i can custom fit them into my fron grill.

they are small and look like fog lamps. [img]http://www.allthings.com.au/Catalogue/Illuminators/img1.gif[/img]

these throw IR a good 100 feet ahead of the car, the camera is a day/night camera so it displays just like the rear camera the comes with the Z1, a bit better quality, I tried it by rigging some cheap IR blasters for now but I can only see 20 ft forward. for now so this project is not done till i get the parts i ordered.

I'll post pict of the install and maybe meet up some time to show n tell.

peace.
Well to be quit honest, because I can.

I love to invent crap.
Look at my car,
Sporty, All Black , with limo tints all the way around.
The Z1 has the options to be used so I might as well use them to their fullest.

Down here in Miami we have a lot of street racing, we have areas like krome ave that runs thru the everglades (darkest area's in Miami) so we hall ass on these road, less lights to produce less detection from other cars way in front and way back letting me speed and sneak up on people, since the IR blasters emits no visible beam of light and once the camera can pick up on. Giving you night vision

0lux!

I really started this project more for the protection and surveillance when parked in dark areas. I also added an IR blaster for the rear.

And remember about the DVR this will allow me to capture video and audio in the event of an accident, hit and run, or any other crazy event that could happen.

I just think it’s a great idea and give the automobile more of a twist.

I like cool things,

I have to test the system in fog, IR does reflex on that and other type of smooth surfaces, so I should be able to see more ahead thru tick fog. Well at least know there is something in front of me

Oh, also the camera located in the front of the car has a mic so when parked you can hear everything going on outside the car.

GEEK
:twisted:
Well to each their own, but we don't do it like that here in the Chicago race scene. Those of us that run, and run hard, let it be known we are comin. Apparently exactly the opposite of what you guys are doin down there.

To run in stealth mode at those speads is far too dangerous, but I'm not gonna preach. I'm gonna let you have this one cause I just don't get it.

I hope it all pans out and works the way you like. I also hope you don't go relying on just technology. Not only for your sake, but others as well.
[b]nexusgroove[/b]

You sound Like the 22 Year old POS Idiot that Killed My 18 Year old son on July 8th, He was only going 115 MPH and hit him from behind.

But you go ahead and drive like that all you want Mabey you guys can be roomies in Prison.

Now I am going to go try and comfort my sons 6 year old sister and 13 year old brother.

I assume you don't have a mother or father to devistate with your fun driving ability that you so happily admit to being able to do.

Ed Phillips :cry:
[quote name="quikdub"]where you able to retain any of your facory power features such as turning the car off and having the unit stay on with the key in the ignition.... if so where did you get your kit?[/quote]

Not really, I could if I wanted it to, but having so many DC devices running without the engine running will drain the batt. quick, if I install a deep cycle batt. and find the wire that provides the radio power after the key has been take out untill you open the door depending on the car.

Like I said before this is just a bored man's project :)
[quote name="Emay"]Well to each their own, but we don't do it like that here in the Chicago race scene. Those of us that run, and run hard, let it be known we are comin. Apparently exactly the opposite of what you guys are doin down there.

To run in stealth mode at those speads is far too dangerous, but I'm not gonna preach. I'm gonna let you have this one cause I just don't get it.

I hope it all pans out and works the way you like. I also hope you don't go relying on just technology. Not only for your sake, but others as well.[/quote]

I am not relying on this system, its just a I could do it project, I respect your words and safety is my 1st concern. I use is more for those 3am runs home from work on the highways that I know cops hide and look for coming traffic,, more like slice and dice trew the night to get home. Not really ment for racing or running if groups, I have installed 10K HID's and 10K HID fog lamps so I have plenty of light to show my coming.

This is just giving the Z1 more intergrations with other features.

Infact I had someone grab this idea of mine and use it as a car protection system with recording CCTV running on solarpanel.

if you get me.

cheers.
[quote name="Electron"][b]nexusgroove[/b]

You sound Like the 22 Year old POS Idiot that Killed My 18 Year old son on July 8th, He was only going 115 MPH and hit him from behind.

But you go ahead and drive like that all you want Mabey you guys can be roomies in Prison.

Now I am going to go try and comfort my sons 6 year old sister and 13 year old brother.

I assume you don't have a mother or father to devistate with your fun driving ability that you so happily admit to being able to do.

Ed Phillips :cry:[/quote]

In respect to your loss, I’ll ignore the “POS” comment.

I am 30 year old "pro" driver, I been racing maxed out mustang's in legit tracks and done my fair share of street drag racing, I also ride a CBR-900RR (180mph) and have lost many friends do to stupid and childish speed games. I sometime take my bike up to speeds of 160-170 for kicks but I do them in places where I can and can not hurt anyone but myself.

The only time that I would drive at such high speeds would be on back open roads where there is not traffic late at night. I respect other drivers and have a great deal of common sense.

Till this day I have not crashed or loss control of a Car/Bike. "knock on wood"

I take great of my car as if it was a tool, right tires, sport suspension and with the Z1 we even have a gyro! tell us tilt, angels.....

I know what my car can handle and that’s as far as I take her.

Why pay for a nice fast car when you just going to drive 45mph on dead empty roads that run thru everglades.. ?

Once again sorry for your loss, and there is a difference between being stupid and showing off and having control and taking driving and a professional common sense.

best regards to you.