AVIC411.com

I just installed the D3 in my 2008 corvette. When I goto the map, even though I have a GPS sat or two in my status, it marks me as being in California...I live in Pennsylvania. I put the east coast disc in. Also, when I goto the dynamics page..only the MPH guage is available...the others say not available at this time...why?

I've had difficulty with both my Sirius and AVIC-D3 antennas getting adequate signal so I tried putting each in different positions. Since you have a Vette, YMMV :D

Placing either on top of the roof gives the strongest signal or fastest GPS position. I tried to get as close to this as possible.

Under any kind of metal was the worst. Under the plastic dash gave terrible signal strength/speed; after 5 minutes the AVIC couldn't get a fix so I gave up. On top of the dash but off-center was almost as bad. When I tried on top of the dash and centered very near the windshield, the results were almost as good as on the roof.

Between trials I disconnected both the AVIC and Sirius for a minute so they had to start from scratch. I know most folks think a visible antenna looks gauche, but I'd rather have two bumps in the center than a barely-working GPS/satellite.

Oddly, the on-the-roof placement gave a GPS fix in 30 sec while the on top of dash, center-front location gave 45 sec the first time. Wouldn't you know it, after I permanently mounted the antenna, snaked the wire under the dash and buttoned everything up, the barstard couldn't fix my location after 5 minutes. I had to go into the "Change Current Location" and help it a bit.

What is the antenna mounted to? Did you use that little metal pad that came with it? I've noticed that when people don't use it they end up having problems with their navigation working wrong. I believe the antenna has to be attached to something metal for it to work properly. That's why they provided you with that little metal sticker, so if you were going to install it on something that wasn't metal you could stick that on there.

Not sure why your nav unit is working, I just thought I'd state that picture is reversed. Could you imagine a right hand drive Corvette :)

Yeah... it's GOT to be reversed... because we all know that the orientation of the writing on the corvette's dashboard is immune to picture reversal.

Not sure why your nav unit is working, I just thought I'd state that picture is reversed. Could you imagine a right hand drive Corvette :)

Yeah... it's GOT to be reversed... because we all know that the orientation of the writing on the corvette's dashboard is immune to picture reversal.

lol Funny.. I see what you're saying HiFiSi, this is aaimed at impalacustom, check out the link to the picture... it's in Australia ;)

eGo

^ OK, dude. Just because Chevy doesn't make them RHD from the factory (although they do have plans for building RHD 'vettes from their factory for Australian and Japanese markets in the next few years) doesn't mean they're not being converted by people or companies who are importing them from the US, and have been for many years now. Try knowing what you're talking about before you say it.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/1761/gm-chevrolet-right-hand-drive-production/

http://www.caradvice.com.au/1571/corvette-z06-now-in-australia/