AVIC411.com

hey wats goin on, i read alotta topics on the z1 and how you hafta buy some piece or flash your headlights to bypasss an older z1. i have a june 06 model hooked upto my parking brake and it works fine....only thing is, i read on one of the other threads that the speed sensors would lock the deck after 40 mph, so i put my ebrake up one click and went upto 70 mph to see, and it didnt lock anything out. and i see alot of people grounding out the parking brake wire, which was also the case in my old clarion, but hook your ebrake upto a light tester and youll see its a positive wire....so my question, stupid or not, is has anyone ever tried giving the praking brake wire a positive power source instead of grounding it out?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's an interesting question regardless hyperite, although I agree that I don't see the point.

I personally have never tried the method you're asking about, but I don't see how it could do any harm. If I ever come across an extra Zx, maybe I'll toy with this and let you know, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Well it's an interesting question regardless hyperite, although I agree that I don't see the point.

to be honest, its really just to see if theres another alternative way to bypass. and if it works im sure itd be much more convenient than flashing ur lights all the time, and much more time efficient than downloading any software. am i wrong? and i cant do it till another 3 weeks, cars bein fixed :cry:

No point if we already have well-established means of bypassing the lockouts....

well besides downloading whatever software or flashing ur headlights everytime u turn the car on, what other methods do you have?

well... updating with the bluetooth and doing the 2-wire seems a lot easier than doing additional testing to fuck with the parking brake.

No point if we already have well-established means of bypassing the lockouts....

well besides downloading whatever software or flashing ur headlights everytime u turn the car on, what other methods do you have?

well... updating with the bluetooth and doing the 2-wire seems a lot easier than doing additional testing to fuck with the parking brake.

QFT.

Option A: It takes about a minute to download the patch. Another minute or two to burn the CDR and install it. Another couple minutes to move the pin and ground it. And we know it works

Or

Option B: You try sending power thru a wire that is connected to a $2000 piece of sensitive electronics in the hopes that it saves you the four minutes you would've spent doing it the proven way

Option A still seems like the winner to me, no?

Option A: It takes about a minute to download the patch. Another minute or two to burn the CDR and install it. Another couple minutes to move the pin and ground it. And we know it works

Or

Option B: You try sending power thru a wire that is connected to a $2000 piece of sensitive electronics in the hopes that it saves you the four minutes you would've spent doing it the proven way

ok, then is it possible to post whatevers needed to burn/download and install? if the pin trick is the same as bypassing a d3 then thats easy enough.

ok, then is it possible to post whatevers needed to burn/download and install? if the pin trick is the same as bypassing a d3 then thats easy enough.

Not only is it possible, it's been done! Check the stickies and search.

listen, callme a noob or criticize my parking brake idea as much as u want, but im new on this forum...i dont have any experience with these softwares or downloading whatever, half the times i dont even know what im reading when you're all talking about the updates...all im askin for is the easiest way to be able to set destinations while im in moving and be able to watch a movie if im on a long drive. so if its too much for you to just post, on this topic, what programs i need to burn to a cdr and whatever else i need to do, then im sorry i wasted your time, otherwise thank you for helping out.

and if you read my first post, the parking brake wire is positive, so either way ur sending power thru it.