AVIC411.com

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, hyperite (nor I) want to give you a straightforward answer because frankly, your question has been answered about a million times on this board. IF you had used the search function, which you obviously haven't, by the way, you could easily find the answer to your question, only BECAUSE it's been answered a million times.

Now, calling hyperite a jerkoff and a dick probably isn't going to get you any further than you were before. Congratulations!

And I don't think we were criticizing your idea, I for one said I'd be interested in trying it and seeing if it would work. HOWEVER, I did see that TWO members - other than myself - tried to LEAD you in the direction of the information that you were requesting. A two-wire bypass is (in my experience, along with hundreds of others on this forum) the easiest way to go about bypassing your unit. If you don't want to use the information that we give you, who are you to come in here slinging names around?

The thing is, hyperite (nor I) want to give you a straightforward answer because frankly, your question has been answered about a million times on this board. IF you had used the search function, which you obviously haven't, by the way, you could easily find the answer to your question, only BECAUSE it's been answered a million times.

Now, calling hyperite a jerkoff and a dick probably isn't going to get you any further than you were before. Congratulations!

And I don't think we were criticizing your idea, I for one said I'd be interested in trying it and seeing if it would work. HOWEVER, I did see that TWO members - other than myself - tried to LEAD you in the direction of the information that you were requesting. A two-wire bypass is (in my experience, along with hundreds of others on this forum) the easiest way to go about bypassing your unit. If you don't want to use the information that we give you, who are you to come in here slinging names around?

ok, well i apologize to hyperite, but his sarcastic answer wasnt exactly called for either. and my model is june 06 so the 2 wire bypass alone wont work...and i bought that circuit thing from smmtech but it didnt work, and i know its installed correctly. i did do the search (typed in 'z1 bypass') and the majority of the results were for z2's and z3's. thats why, aside from my original idea, im lookin for any answer that can help. again, to hyperite, im sorry for wat i said, i just took your answer as sarcasm and it just pissed me off.

That's fine. I understand where you're coming from but attacking the guy won't get you any further. Anyways, I'm done with that.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8783

Try this thread out, I think method two will work for what you need. After you're finished if you need help doing the two wire bypass, refer to ducatiboy's page (where you bought the flash circuit). If you're still having problems after that, post details so someone can point you in the right direction.

Oh, and if you need a program to burn the image from the link above to disk, try ISOrecorder.

That's fine. I understand where you're coming from but attacking the guy won't get you any further. Anyways, I'm done with that.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8783

Try this thread out, I think method two will work for what you need. After you're finished if you need help doing the two wire bypass, refer to ducatiboy's page (where you bought the flash circuit). If you're still having problems after that, post details so someone can point you in the right direction.

Oh, and if you need a program to burn the image from the link above to disk, try ISOrecorder.

thanks for the help cap., but not to question ur information, but doesnt method 2 say its for z2 units only, and that it might even leave a z1 unusable?

again, to hyperite, im sorry for wat i said, i just took your answer as sarcasm and it just pissed me off.

well, it WAS sarcastic :lol:

also, that link above is for Z2's, you said Z1, so unless you're planning on upgrading, that download won't help you.

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#bluetooth

You need the bluetooth update and to do the 2-wire bypass. Oh, and I found that link by searching :wink:

And ya know, you could've read the bold Stickies at the top of this section, saved two pages of worthless posts, and had your deck bypassed two days ago. So nobody is blameless here. Bypass your deck the way that worked for thousands and be grateful for the members that put that information here (and even those who put it in the stickies that nobody bothers to read) :wink:

haha, its easy to talk like that behind a screen...i already apologized to u for callin u a jerkoff and ur gonna pull that shit? ya know, all this time spent replying and givin retarded answers and u coulda jus said bluetooth update before..

not every1 knows as much as u possibly know so who r u to act like a jerk to anyone who knows less? u werent born with this knowledge so at one point u had to have either found a thread from some1 else, or some1 else helped you out. regardless if i "didnt search" which i did, or if its been answered numerous times, people will still ask.

And ya know, you could've read the bold Stickies at the top of this section, saved two pages of worthless posts, and had your deck bypassed two days ago. So nobody is blameless here. Bypass your deck the way that worked for thousands and be grateful for the members that put that information here (and even those who put it in the stickies that nobody bothers to read) :wink:

haha, its easy to talk like that behind a screen...i already apologized to u for callin u a jerkoff and ur gonna pull that shit? ya know, all this time spent replying and givin retarded answers and u coulda jus said bluetooth update before..

valid point...but theres so many different posts of the same thing, hows some1 thats new at this gonna kno which is which? some say by a new hard drive and update it, some say connect to ur computer and do whatever, some say bluetooth update from smmtech. so can u rly blame me for tryin to find 1 solid answer?

PS- blow me

I didn't say I accepted your apology. But you're right, I should've said "bluetooth update".... OH WAIT! :roll:

well... updating with the bluetooth and doing the 2-wire seems a lot easier than doing additional testing to fuck with the parking brake.

You go on to say...

regardless if i "didnt search" which i did, or if its been answered numerous times, people will still ask.
so can u rly blame me for tryin to find 1 solid answer?

And if you'd searched, you would've found we told them to search too :lol: Trying to get the answer is one thing....trying to get it spoon-fed moreso than the hard work of the veterans on the board already did by posting it in stickies, that's a line that crossing gets you a "blow me".

The stickie is called Updated Bypass Instructions for the Avic Z1 and thats exactly what it is. One click of that and a read of FAQ on the first post would've done the job quite well.

valid point...but theres so many different posts of the same thing, hows some1 thats new at this gonna kno which is which? some say by a new hard drive and update it, some say connect to ur computer and do whatever, some say bluetooth update from smmtech. so can u rly blame me for tryin to find 1 solid answer?

PS- blow me

I didn't say I accepted your apology. But you're right, I should've said "bluetooth update".... OH WAIT! :roll:

well... updating with the bluetooth and doing the 2-wire seems a lot easier than doing additional testing to fuck with the parking brake.

You go on to say...

regardless if i "didnt search" which i did, or if its been answered numerous times, people will still ask.
so can u rly blame me for tryin to find 1 solid answer?

And if you'd searched, you would've found we told them to search too :lol: Trying to get the answer is one thing....trying to get it spoon-fed moreso than the hard work of the veterans on the board already did by posting it in stickies, that's a line that crossing gets you a "blow me".

and if you read what i said, ud see that i did search and i got posts mostly for the z2 and 3. and if thats how you feel, no one said you among everyone else had to respond, but you started this hostility with your sarcasm. so CaptainInsaneO, and whtcrxghst, thank you for your help and being more understanding. as for hyperite, if you cant handle answering a simple question, or simply providing a link to the right thread without actin like a jerk about it, then maybe you should sell your info on ebay.

hey wait... i actually DID give you the answer...

and like we said... straightforward answer without you trying your darndest to find it first won't happen. I only posted it because I dislike misinformation more than I dislike you (which grows with every post).