AVIC411.com

hey wait... i actually DID give you the answer...

and like we said... straightforward answer without you trying your darndest to find it first won't happen. I only posted it because I dislike misinformation more than I dislike you (which grows with every post).

yeh. u said updating the bluetooth and the 2 wire bypass would do it. but what update? it took over a page to get the link for it. and u dont know how much i searched. ive been on this site for a couple months looking for it before i joined to send the post cuz i already know that answering a question thats already been answered is annoying. and like i said i found 3 different ways...flashing ur lights, doing something with uploading it on the computer, and downloading whatever programs onto a cdr and runnin them thru the z. i also said i wasnt computer skilled enough for one of the methods and the reason i even suggested the parking brake wire in the way beginning was to avoid having to flash my lights everytime i turned the car on. so all i wanted was the link for the update needed, so thank you for the link a page later and dislike me all u want i really could care less, im never gonna meet you in my life.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i have my Z1 installed. had it in for about 3 days. i was able to drive around while a movie was playing. but then i hooked up my GPS antenna in and now it wont let me view videos while driving.. is this due to the GPS antenna sensing the vehicle moving?

Its because the GPS and internal gyro sense you moving. Follow the bypass instructions in the sticky somewhere at the top of the page

well i have my Z1 installed. had it in for about 3 days. i was able to drive around while a movie was playing. but then i hooked up my GPS antenna in and now it wont let me view videos while driving.. is this due to the GPS antenna sensing the vehicle moving?
Its because the GPS and internal gyro sense you moving. Follow the bypass instructions in the sticky somewhere at the top of the page

so how was it tht when i drove with the parking brake one click up (still engaged) the gps or gyro didnt sense me moving? the vehicle dynamics works and it didnt lock me out

i went to the menu where it says parking brake on or off and it say on the whole time i drive

try the bluetooth update hyperite posted...if you go backwards in this thread, he already posted the link for the file u needa download and he explained how to do it.

but whtcrxghst, any idea on y my avic doesnt sense me moving but the vehicle dynamics works?

Give it 500 miles, will lockout by then at about 5 mph if you haven't moved the pin

oh ok glad nothings like wrong with it... thanks for the info :D anyways i ended up buying a z3 upgraded drive with all the updates on it, heres the link to it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=017

that and the 2 wire should just about do it, right?

Don't sweat the two wire bypass either. I was a little worried I'd mess something up when I did mine and I had no problems. My forte is computers, not cars so that's why I was worried about it. But it's ultra simple as long as you follow directions.

i gotcha man, see im the complete opposite. aside from hacking programs and downloading music im comuter illiterate. but i can rewire an entire car blindfolded...and ive actually done the 2 wire bypass, a friend of myne has the D3, which is the same bypassing method. took me all of 20 minutes start to finish to install and bypass his unit