AVIC411.com

New User Gracenote update question

i have tried searching but haven't found the answer yet.

Z3 and trying to add the gracenote update. downloaded the files, unziped, used roxio to burn a cd, closed session, and z3 wont take it.

this is my 7th cd i'have burned. tried the map button and still no go.

what am i doing wrong?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried using nero 8, 9660 + juliet, mode 1, finalize, disk at once, no multi-session, and no relax. I would think that would have worked, but it didn't.

I have a Z3 with a 07-01-0030 ccdb. I have burned like 20+ cds and now out of ideas. :(

oh, btw, do you have to make an iso image first or can you just burn the files straight to the cd?

After all your posts, I read the instructions for what you are doing and you don't want an ISO, only the bluetooth and bypass update did. You should download the zip, right click it to extract to your desktop, and burn those files. There is a list of the files that should be burned on Pioneer's instructions for it.

With that being said, you have the latest model...Not sure the update is necessary

This is the web page for the Gracenote update. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... ase+Update

I know it says "Z1+Z2" but I copied the link from the Z3 product home page.

At the buttom of the web page is a section for common update errors. One of the items says:

1. Your Pioneer HDD Navigation unit will not allow you to install an old version of the Gracenote database. You may already have the latest version installed and may not need to update the database.

To check the version number of the Gracenote database currently installed in your Pioneer HDD Navigation unit, follow the instructions below:

Press the “Menu†key on the unit

Press the “Settings†button

Press “Hardware†button

Press “Service Info Screen†button

The version number of the installed Gracenote database will be shown.

I hope that this helps.

I to have tryed many disc to update my Z2 and have failed my ver. is 07-01-0010 and it states 08-01-0010 and cannot find out what im doing wrong. can this disc be purchased anywhere.

I'm kind of joking, but kind of NOT joking when I say this. Present your problem to the 10 year old kid down the street and let them try to burn the disk. At least it would be done on a different computer, maybe the problem is with your computer.

I'm kind of joking, but kind of NOT joking when I say this. Present your problem to the 10 year old kid down the street and let them try to burn the disk. At least it would be done on a different computer, maybe the problem is with your computer.

That kinda helps... not. :P