AVIC411.com

New User Gracenote update question

Sorry but i"ve tried. I have went to best buy and asked them to try it also and they could not do it ether. I have used active iso, roxie windows with no responce to my unit. Guess I must missing something. Some of us have some of don"t, and I thought that is what this fourm was for, guess not. I"ll look for a 10 year old.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was having this problem also, but was able to resolve it.

I downloaded the .zip file to my computer... unzipped it and put the files in a folder. From this, I used "CDBurnerXP" [Freeware] to burn the files onto a disk. It updated my library without a problem. No more ALL CAPS Artist and Song Titles!

I was having this problem also, but was able to resolve it.

I downloaded the .zip file to my computer... unzipped it and put the files in a folder. From this, I used "CDBurnerXP" [Freeware] to burn the files onto a disk. It updated my library without a problem. No more ALL CAPS Artist and Song Titles!

What settings did you use?

Meh, still didn't work for me. I used the regular settings and finalized it and it was a no go. :(

I'm starting to think you can't update gracenote on the z3. I have burned almost a whole 50 spindle.

I too burnt a few CD's and then I called support on this issue and spoke with one of the Z3 engineers, or what ever Z3 support department he was from. Per him, the Z3 already has the latest CD DB loaded. I questioned why the DB update was released as a March update and my Z3 has a Jan build date with a Feb DB date. The tech said to look at the copyright date when your unit starts up. I think he was saying this was the DB month/year, but he didn't say specifically. He also told me that the update on the site is only for the Z1/Z2 models and to be notified of updates to the Z3, to register my unit with them.

I too burnt a few CD's and then I called support on this issue and spoke with one of the Z3 engineers, or what ever Z3 support department he was from. Per him, the Z3 already has the latest CD DB loaded. I questioned why the DB update was released as a March update and my Z3 has a Jan build date with a Feb DB date. The tech said to look at the copyright date when your unit starts up. I think he was saying this was the DB month/year, but he didn't say specifically. He also told me that the update on the site is only for the Z1/Z2 models and to be notified of updates to the Z3, to register my unit with them.

Yeah, I was starting to think the Z3s did already have the newest gracenote update. So, I am guessing that is why it didn't work.

If your drive is unlocked and you have a way of connecting it to your computer via USB, you could just drag and drop all the files from the .zip update (except for the DISCINFO.txt file) to the partition with most of the data on it (not sure of the name but mine has 16.2 gb of data on it). The location you want to drop these files into (and replace the existing files with the new ones) is /AV/CDDB.

Worked for me and saves you a CD.

If your drive is unlocked and you have a way of connecting it to your computer via USB, you could just drag and drop all the files from the .zip update (except for the DISCINFO.txt file) to the partition with most of the data on it (not sure of the name but mine has 16.2 gb of data on it). The location you want to drop these files into (and replace the existing files with the new ones) is /AV/CDDB.

Meh, too much work. Thanks anyway.

I feel like it's actually less work. All you do is open the folder and move the files. You don't have to put a CD in, burn the CD, walk it out there and then wait for it to update. It took me only about 30 seconds to do the update all told.

Paying 50$ to unlock a drive sounds like more work than burning a spindle of cds. Eh, maybe i'm wrong, lol.

I upgraded my Z2 to the Z3 firmware and HD and the Gracenote DB on the Z3 HD Image is out of date. It didn't recognize my Metallica, Master of Puppets CD. After I updated the Gracenote DB it was able to recognize it. Out of the box, my Z2 did not recognize this disk either.

I was able to successfully burn the files to a CD using Nero 8 and following Pioneer's instructions. If someone has online storage I can make an ISO of my disk and upload it.

Thanks CI0! I was wondering if that was possible.

I upgraded my Z2 to the Z3 firmware and HD and the Gracenote DB on the Z3 HD Image is out of date. It didn't recognize my Metallica, Master of Puppets CD. After I updated the Gracenote DB it was able to recognize it. Out of the box, my Z2 did not recognize this disk either.

I was able to successfully burn the files to a CD using Nero 8 and following Pioneer's instructions. If someone has online storage I can make an ISO of my disk and upload it.

Can you use megaupload.com or rapidshare.com?