AVIC411.com

just call me a maroon now and get it off of everybodies chest, I've searched XM, I've searched Pioneer, and I've searched here...still cant find the answer I want.; maybe cause the answer is "there isnt ANY way". but here goes. My AVIC D3 came Sirius ready and compatible. Problem is I am an XM guy and want to stay that way. I know I can buy the head unit on a GP-XM something or other and swap it out, but I would really like to use the INNO i have. Is there ANY way to do that other than using the FM modulator? And 2ndly, is already installed Sirius antenna compatible if I change the rf connector?

THanks

The D3 is XM and Sirius ready, but it depends on what you mean. You mean you have the Sirius tuner?

An Inno will not work the same way a 'direct connect' XM or Sirius will work. You can't control it through the headunit.

You don't have to use the Inno FM transmitter, you can run a cable to the AV-1 Audio inputs on the back or AV-2 on the front.

yes, I do understand that, there is a Sirius antenna installed on top of the RV already. Can I use that instead of taking it out and reinstalling the XM antenna? Actually I'm quite confused about the whole thing. The AVIC-D3 came Sirius ready meaning "if I call the number they activate it". The ICON is not greyed out. I know the system is XM and Sirius compatible.

The Pioneer Sirius "head unit"; is that unit installed in the same chassis with/as the AVIC-D3 or is that located somewhere else hidden in my glove box or something? Any idea? Is the Sirius Reciever and Head Unit a seperate piece or is it part of the D3? Can I remove that piece from the D3 chassis and install the GEX-P920xm and use the same antenna?

Sorry for the vagueness...or nonsense

Thanks for the help.

Jack

Okay...

So you have the Sirius connect module installed. Yes, there is a separate module installed somewhere behind the D3 to receive Sirius.

You could remove the Sirius connect box and put in the GEX box, but they most likely won't have the same antenna connector.

Despite the thought that "It's satellite, it will work", there are slight differences in the Sirius and XM signals and antennas. I wouldn't want to take the chance in using the wrong antenna and having it fail completely.

If you don't want to go on the roof, you may be able to get a 'mast mount' XM antenna that will mount to one of the side mirrors of the RV.