AVIC411.com

I have the 700BT and can not yet find the official cable for the iPod so I am using the PC USB cable for the iPod along with a mini jack to RCA adapter going into AV1 (Set to 'iPod') for audio.

The main issue at hand. Everytime I start the car, I have to unplug and reconnect the iPod to get the 700BT to see the iPod again. And each time, I have to sit there and wait for the "iPod Control May be limited at this time" prompt to go away as it scans the files for voice control. I read that letting it go through this once and then turning VR Catalog to off in the settings fixes this problem. However, the next time I start the unit up, it does not go through the scanning, but also voice control for the iPod does not work at all.

So the main question. Does having the CD-IU230V fix the issue of losing the voice control after turning VR Catalog off? Also, do all your songs appear in proper order for albums? All my songs for each album appear alphabetically. Also, when viewing artists in list mode, when I press the arrow to go to the As, Bs, and Cs, etc for the artist name, it does nothing. The letter changes, but nothing happens on screen. If no one is having the problem with the official cable, I will be that much happier with this system. None of my local shops have the cable by itself. I'm just gonna get the 90BT anyway, but I want to know in advance that the proper cable fixes the issues.

Hi-volt preouts, DVD player (When I got the 700, I had an xbox 360 in the car for media duties, that did not work out with the F series only having 1 av input on the rear and I'm not the type to use front jacks). Plus the 2 year warranty, MSN Direct, Speed Sense wire (I actually have it ran and I want to use it FWIW) and the rest are all icing on the cake. I sold the 360 to a friend and that will cover the cost of upgrading.

I have the 700BT and can not yet find the official cable for the iPod so I am using the PC USB cable for the iPod along with a mini jack to RCA adapter going into AV1 (Set to 'iPod') for audio.

Also, do all your songs appear in proper order for albums? All my songs for each album appear alphabetically. Also, when viewing artists in list mode, when I press the arrow to go to the As, Bs, and Cs, etc for the artist name, it does nothing. The letter changes, but nothing happens on screen.

I have the official cable and as far as the browsing goes mine does the same thing. songs alphabetically. Didnt do it on my old alpine. as far as tour alphabetical search goes you will scroll through the letters and it WILL do nothing. you have to press the letter to make it actually go there.