AVIC411.com

AVH-P4000 Question

I have a couple of different external HDs that I have tried getting to work on the new HU. Nothing seems to work right other than a USB thumb drive. Can anyone tell me what external USB HD they are using with success?

I have tried a 60gb WD and a 120GB WD. I reformatted both to FAT 32 just to make 100% sure that they were formated correctly, place just one folder on the drive and the Pioneer either reads NA USB Support or it will pull up as if it was reading the drive as read format then shut off the unit to the menu select screen. Again this works just fine on a USB thumb drive with the same file folder.

Any help would be great before I send it back for replacement.

WOW 40 views and not one person to reply. :o

I guess the ultimate question here is: Can anyone that is using any of the pioneer decks (preferably AVH-P4000) that accepts USB hard drive plug in tell me what hard drive they are using? I am just looking to see if my deck is bad and needs replaced or if there are known problems. From that point I will go to Pioneer tech services and see if they can give recommendations, I have a whole year to get the deck replaced, but unsure if they would send a new unit or refurb, and considering the deck is only 1 week old I would rather get the troubleshooting done before I go through the trouble of pulling the deck out and waiting for the replacement only to find that I need to use another HD or do something else to get it to work.

Can anyone help? Thanks for any help that can be offered.

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on this? I am looking to get more out of the unit and want to use my Ipod for music videos and an external drive for MP3s...would be nice to get a large HD as opposed to an expensive flash drive with only 32gb.

Ipod is only 30gb...bought a few weeks before they sold the 80gb for same price as 30gb :evil:

• 3 weeks later...

the last 4000 i did i hooked up the hard drive to was a western digital, almost 100% sure of it. They are suspose to handle up to 250 gb drive pulling less that .5 volt. I one i did worked fine. I haven't heard anything fron the customer and that was about 3 month ago or longer.

• 2 weeks later...