AVIC411.com

Beta or Final Release?

I just spoke with my dealer and after reiterating how upset I am with this unit (I probably will swap out for Z3) he alluded to the fact that these BETA TEST units have all been reported as buggy and they hope to have them fixed by the time the unit hits retail.

Wait a minute, time out! Are these beta units? I thought that these were just released to all dealers this June. If this is a beta test unit than I can accept these problems with a little more ease, knowing that eventually that these problems should be fixed by a firmware update or patch.

Can anyone confirm this? Thank you. In the meantime, the F900BT is a brick with lights.

"Beta"? "Before retail"? Interesting. Tweeters *DID* tell me they didn't expect to have any until early/mid July, but I saw one in Action Audio in Newington Friday and they are purely a retail sales and installation shop. I suspect they'd be a bit ... unhappy ... to find out they had a "beta" unit on the shelf. :(

pat----

Yeah, Pioneer could not wait for the Beta. They shipped out Alpha builds.

lol j/k. Seriously though, I might have kept my 700BT/90BT if I knew that they were Beta software and that there was a final release around the corner. There just seems like there are too many things wrong with the units to all be fixed with one firmware.