AVIC411.com

Only if Sirus agrees to give up 26 channels for non-proffit and public affars stuff. Sirus is bulking at this condition. I have a Speed Channel frend that works in programing production and word he is hearing, Sirus wants to add about 50+ channells of mobile video via MP4 delievery. I think Sirus needs all the bandwidth they can get to pull this off.

Can you imagine taking a six hour trip to visit in-laws and able to watch the Nascar race on your trip... WOW,, I would subscribe to that in a heart beat.

Oh its done... trust me... I have a ton of Sirius stock and they want this merger... its done..... and as soon as they ink... I make some $$$$

OH.. O.K. I guess since you have a 'ton of Sirrus Stock' it's a done deal...

Don't hold your breath untll the fat laddy sings...

• 2 weeks later...
so what does mean from here on out as to getting satellite radio in the car? will they release a new adaptor for both merged together or will u hafta just buy one of either and ull get both stations? also do monthly rates now go up because you have both sirius and XM?

I have heard there is a unit that can receive both XM & Sirius.. of course not avail to the public.. but it sounds like the technology's can truly be merged

Pricing has already been announced, plus they have agreed to put a three year freeze on any pricing changes.

The bottom line is this, currently monthly is $12.95, post merger the ultimate pkg ALL XM & Sirius $16.95/mo.

Check this out for pricing specifics:

http://www.xmmerger.com/uploads/ala-car ... -23-07.pdf

YESSSSSS/ I am very glad I have my Sirius backseat Satelite Tv bought and installed. With all the new channels added soon, the price of those units will def be on backorder and the price of them and service may go up. I am buying 2 more Sirius backseat units for my other cars tommorrow. Ill deal with cartoons for now. My son watches them. I actually watch them in traffic too. I am gonnamake a killing off these at my shop. We are selling and installing them for $650 out the door with one month free service to customers who already have a monitor with A/V inputs in their vehicle. I think we pay 230 a unit.

• 2 weeks later...

After the merger any word on how long until the Sirius backseat Tv will get attention focused on it. How long after merger will it take to get some networks signed on. Any info on any specific networks already on board for this yet? I cant wait, I will have this in all my cars. I wonder how much the Satelitte TV plan will go up. Its really cheap for what i pay for my 3 channels. As for kids this is a great service. I enjoy cartoon network, and nickelodian myself. I have not driven my truck late at night yet to see if any adult swim shows are being broadcasted. I dont really care for the Disney channel. I wish there was some kind of program guide to show the times shows are scheduled to air. maybe I will look on the Sirius website. There is nothing in the box containg such. If you already have the SIR-PNR2, you mind as well get it. For only 3.99 or 4.99 a month...Why not?

But make sure if you already have the Sirius interface, tell them you only want to add backseat TV, otherwise you will pay for 2 sirius radio services, plus backseat TV. The unit itself sells for 230 and includes an external Sirius unit for the radio like the FM modulated little LCD screens. I may hook that up too and hook it up to my IR transmitter so people in the back can listen to Sirius radio via wireless headphones, and I can play my own Sirius radio channels seperate thru the SIR-PNR2 interface on my AVIC up front.

A buddy of mine in Dallas who works for Sirius says the merger is closer than we think. Back seat Tv will be one of the top agendas they will work on. He also says Howard TV will be one of the programming channels added. There will be over 50 channels added to the three that exist as of now. There will be news, weather, sports, and music video channels. He also said the monthy service will be slightly raised but not by much. People with back seat tv already will not have to buy another unit, that is why they made the remote with buttons that dont function as of yet. There will be a programming guide on screen, and parental controls. Im so glad I have the unit installed already. As of now I dont watch it.

How many of you will buy this unit when its finalized?

Does anyone already have Back Seat Tv yet besides me?

I will try to provide any additional confirmed info as its relayed to me.