AVIC411.com

Test for burned CNDV-70

I want to burn a copy of CNDV-70, and would like to test it to make sure it's a good copy.

A regular member once mentioned something about a bad/incorrectly burned disc will work until you do something specific. What is this action that reveals whether a disc is burned correctly or not? I thought it had something to do with searching for a POI, but I'm not sure. Also, what should it do if the disc is good, and what does it do if the disc is bad?

I tried to search for the original post, but it was a reply to someone else who had a problem with his disc and I had no luck finding it.

There's no specific action that will let you know if it is a bad disk or not because there are so many different areas for there to be an error. You will only know if the disk is bad or not if you perform an action that tries to access whichever area of the disk that is burned incorrectly.

I don't know if this is related but sometimes my GPS just refuses to try to locate something I know it has been able to locate in the past. I'm wondering now if this was a disk burning issue. It seems to work fine MOST of the time, except that it boots really slowly sometimes and just doesn't work.

I don't know if this is related but sometimes my GPS just refuses to try to locate something I know it has been able to locate in the past. I'm wondering now if this was a disk burning issue. It seems to work fine MOST of the time, except that it boots really slowly sometimes and just doesn't work.

Yep,sounds like you need another disk.

Maybe, but if it worked ok before I believe it maybe from daily wear.You may be able to put it in a pc and copy it if its not scratched too bad.This is only a guess, it could be the info on this disk is not readable,so in that case copying won't help.