AVIC411.com

GPS, screen and bootup

Need help with the following please.

Finally got the Z2 installed and loving it except for the following problems I had today:

Drove to work, logged it in as favorite on my GPS.

Left work and when I started the car the Z2 started up but remained on the splash screen - no matter what button I hit, nothing happened. I could change volume but that was it. Hit the reset button and it finally came back. When it came back up, I was on the freeway and yet my location on the map was some other weird route no where near the freeway. It tooks some time before it "synched" to where I was.

1 - Stuck at splash screen - has this happened to anyone and what is the solution?

2 - GPS not synching - need advice

3 - Boot up - it seems to take long to boot up - what is the normal bootup time?

Please help.

Thanks for the info - I will download the update and try it out - I did do the bypass on it but I have checked the version and it is Ver 2. The update does say to do it if you have V2.

As for the time it takes to load - well I just timed it and it seemed quicker than earlier on - perhaps because it was hanging (takes 35 seconds from the time the unit is on untill the splash screen goes away)

One last thing - is there a way to turn off the unit while the car is on?