AVIC411.com

D3 and F90BT power and AV harnesses are EXACTLY the same!

So before you go cutting out your D3 harnesses, know that you don't have to. The plugs as well as the wire locations on those plugs are exactly the same for both units. All you have to do is unplug your D3, move the mute wire to the new bypass pin location, and plug the F90BT (or F900BT) in using the D3 harnesses.

I found this out only AFTER completely removing both harnesses from my car. I heard a few sources stating that the harnesses were different... So I just went ahead and started cutting it out and only discovered this after the fact. But now I know 100% that both of these units have the same wiring harnesses. And looking over Pioneer's parts site, it lists both the power and RCA harnesses of the F90BT and F900BT as the same exact parts, so it's a good bet to sat that they are the same as well. But Pioneer lists the F700BT's harnesses with different part numbers, so I'd assume they are different, and not interchangeable with the D3 harnesses.

Also... the antenna wire plug is different, but it also looks like you can just slip off the green cable end from the F90BT's antenna and use it to replace the cable end from the old D3 antenna and it should work with the F90BT just fine.

Nice to know! Kinda sad i had to sell my D3 before i could even think about upgrading/downgrading to the F90BT :roll::?::roll: Ive yet to find out yet seeing how Al-Eds is waiting on their next shipment. Im #2 on the list to go out though.

Nice to see that you actually got around to installing your unit. Keep us updated!

I would venture to say that the f700bt would be the same too no? I'ts weird that I read somewhere that the antenna connections are different though. It was my understanding that gps connectors were pretty standard.

I would venture to say that the f700bt would be the same too no? I'ts weird that I read somewhere that the antenna connections are different though. It was my understanding that gps connectors were pretty standard.

Well like I said up there, the part numbers for the harnesses for the F900 and F90 are the same, while the F700 harness's part numbers aren't... but if you're going to install one, I guess you'd be able to find out pretty easily. Just check to make sure before cutting the old ones out.

I am confused then why the site admin guy specifically said they ARE NOT the same. Weird, I just assumed they weren't and did the same as you, took out the D3 wiring harness and wired up the new ones.

When yous say cut im assuming you literally have it wired directly into the car not factory harness adapter? if so thats a bummer, wired will lose length eventually right?

They could be different part numbers but that may be because it has less wires and the f900bt has more hence the different part numbers. It doesn't make sense to change the harness itself from the same model family. I will report back today when I actually install the f700bt myself! :lol:

When yous say cut im assuming you literally have it wired directly into the car not factory harness adapter? if so thats a bummer, wired will lose length eventually right?

I say cut as in cut the D3's harness apart from the adapter harness, not the car's wiring.

I am confused then why the site admin guy specifically said they ARE NOT the same. Weird, I just assumed they weren't and did the same as you, took out the D3 wiring harness and wired up the new ones.

Everyone can make mistakes...

I just finished installing the f700bt into my car. I can verify that the harness from the d3 is the same as the f700bt. The gps connector adapter was slightly different though. All I did was swap out the old d3 gps connector for the new f700bt one and I was ready to go. It seems that they still use smb cables, just the interface was different. I was also able to just plug in my steering wheel adapter without any problems. cheers :D

So basically all you need to do if you have a D3 and you are swapping it out for any F-series is:

1. swap the connector ends on the GPS antenna so your old D3 antenna will work with the new F-series unit.

2. move the mute wire to the new bypass pin position according to the F-series bypass topic

3. plug everything in