AVIC411.com

Can I (or how can I) turn off the info during ipod videos?

Does anybody know how or if the title/name displays and ipod icon can be turned off during playback of ipod videos? I can't for the life of me figure out how. Maybe it's just not possible...

DSC03096.jpg

Hmmm... now they are going away after a second or two. Maybe it depends on how much videos you have in the ipod? When they wouldn't go away, I had A LOT of movies on the ipod. When I tried it this time, and they didn't stay on the screen, I only had a minute long clip on the ipod with no other videos. Or perhaps it has something to do with the format or resolution of the video that is playing...

Remember HiFiSi that some people were having some issues running out of memory,maybe the more movies you have the more resources it uses to read the ipod thus running out of memory and causing some minor glitches.Just a thought!

Remember HiFiSi that some people were having some issues running out of memory,maybe the more movies you have the more resources it uses to read the ipod thus running out of memory and causing some minor glitches.Just a thought!

Yep. I definitely only happens when the ipod is loaded down with a lot of movies. I double checked it today. 1 or 2 short clips, and the titles went away after a couple of seconds. Filled with movies, and the titles didn't go away. Maybe it just takes longer to do things, and they would have gone away after a minute or so.

Because i've also found that (while the ipod has a lot of movies on it) it takes about a minute or so for the movie to actually start playing once I've hit the play button.

HiFiSi, I went back and viewed JasonH's video demo and he had what appeared to be quiet a few movies on his demo as well but the info bar on his screen went away after a few seconds. He however selected video playlist on his demo. If you have not tried that, give it a shot and let us know.

^ no change. Just as long for movie to start, and the info bars didn't go away.

...maybe I need to see if the ipod's firmware is up to date? But that's doubtful, as it checks for updates when it gets sync'd to itunes, and I doubt that would cause this problem anyway.