AVIC411.com

F-series bluetooth compatibility topic

OK. This is pretty simple. Just write what F-series unit you have, what phone you have, how it works (how easy it is to connect, phonebook transfer, sound quality, etc.), and any other pertinent information you may have so that we have a one stop reference for anybody who needs it. Just copy and fill in this info:

F-series model:

Phone make/model:

Ease of connection:

Phone book transfer:

Sound quality:

Comments:

Also, try to leave out any of the bugs related to the operation of the F-series unit that are clearly not phone specific, like only being able to use voice recognition to call people by phone number and not name, and the staticy audio on the receiving end during calls. This is more or less to help people out when looking to see if a specific phone works with their unit, not to see how the unit's bluetooth works overall.

:D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F-series model: 900

Phone make/model: TMobile Dash (HTC WM6)

Ease of connection: Very

Phone book transfer: Not very intuitive, but it worked finally.

Sound quality: Great for a bluetooth device

Comments: Pretty sure I had to enable the serial port profile for the avic on the phone before it would transfer the phonebook.

F-series model: 700BT

Phone make/model: Verizon Motorola Q

Ease of connection: Easy

Phone book transfer: Took <5 minutes for 100 contacts

Sound quality: Decent, the phone is 2+ years old though

Comments: Really simple to do the first time and nav recognizes phone about 1 min after full boot up

F-series model:700bt

Phone make/model: BB 8830

Ease of connection: Good, but had one instance where it kept saying "connection failed" and would keep trying over and over

Phone book transfer: Perfect

Sound quality: Horrid so far, but have only done 2 calls. Calling my VM sounds fine though (listening to other party)

Comments: The BT connection worked great in my old car with built-in BT, this one hopefully gets better as the person on other end cannot understand me

F-series model:90BT

Phone make/model: LG CU720 aka Shine

Ease of connection: OK. Took a few attempts to find n connect but it's connected finally.

Phone book transfer: Tedious. Had to manually one at a time "send vCard via bluetooth" and then connect to the F90BT and transfer phone book. Process took roughly 30min for 60 contacts.

Sound quality: Person came in clear and strong. I spoke normally and they said it sounded 80% clear. They could hear me fine but could tell the phone wasn't on my ear and I was using some device to talk to them.

Comments: Glad it's working. I'd like to be able to customize, edit, delete contacts from within the actual unit. Firmware update..

F-series model:90BT

Phone make/model: Verizon SMT5800 (HTC or UTStarcom I think)

Ease of connection: Easy

Phone book transfer: Wouldn't transfer until I used 3rd party app demo.

http://www.jetwaremobile.com/

Sound quality: My end sounds perfect every time. Other person's end sounds horrible. Electronic type static, LOTS of background noise.

Comments: I hope this is easily fixable. The integrated BT was a big selling point for me.

EDIT: One more thing, voice dialing using the contact name barely works if it all. Speaking the actual numbers works every time.

F-series model: f90bt

Phone make/model: Samsung M300

Ease of connection: A little tricky. The unit could find the phone, but couldn't connect. I had connect via the phone instead of the head unit. Might have been user error.

Phone book transfer: The instructions were confusing on the F90. I had to hit OK farther than I thought they were saying. But, after that, it was pretty quick.

Sound quality: Great through the speakers

Comments: Pretty easy to set up. I never used a bluetooth device before, and it didn't take me long to set up. I have to remember to turn off Bluetooth on my phone when I have a passanger or I am a passanger. Don't want other peope listening to my phone calls. lol.

F-series model:F700BT

Phone make/model: Samsung SGH-D820

Phone book transfer: Took me quite a while just to figure out what I was supposed to do. Hardest part was figuring out how to get the phone to send the info. First time I figured it out, it would send the the info, but the unit said downloading failed. After turning the car off then back on again, it got all the info, however, when I clicked on a contact, nothing would happen. Again, turned it off and on again, and now it works flawlessly.

Sound quality: Great on my end, sometimes fine on the other, sometimes nasally, sometimes you can't even hear me over the static/etc.

Comments: Have yet to receive an sms message to see if that works. Wasn't all that intuitive figuring out how to make things work, but in the end, it wasn't that difficult.

F-series model: F700BT

Phone make/model: Samsung BlackJack

Phone book transfer: Didn't work. Asked for me to send a "Business Card". Tried to, but the phone wouldn't connect. When I pressed OK, it started to do something, then gave an error message like "No Phone Number". Wife's Motorola downloaded with no problem.

Sound quality: Great to listen to on my end. Wife says it comes through too loud on her end - so she asks me to speaker softer.

Comments: I can dial calls with the navigator or the Blackjack & it works great - just can't use the Contact List function.

Phone make/model: Samsung T519 Trace

Ease of connection: Moderate. Had to try a few times. Had to turn on bluetooth visibility on my phone and leave it on or it won't connect automatically when I get into the car.

Phone book transfer: Partial. Looks like it transfered the names but no numbers. When I select a contact it doesn't do anything. Might be related to dialing issue below.

Sound quality: Good on my end, bad for the other party. After adjusting the mic for an optimal position (the close edge of the sun visor), the sound on their end is just tolerable at speed.

Comments: Will not initiate calls from the unit. It worked once or twice, but now just hangs where it is supposed to dial. Have had it fail to mute the music once or twice when dialing.

HiFiSi, shouldnt location of microphone be taken into account?? just a thought..

Phone make/model: Verizon LG Env

Ease of connection: Very easy

Phone book transfer: Not a problem

Sound quality: Horrible

Comments: it didnt work too well for me with the z3 either, could just be my mic placement (fitted into the dash about an inch from the bottom of the unit.)

F-Series (F-700BT)

Phone= Motorola R6 slider

Ease of connection=Kinda slow but connect without a problem

Phone book transfer=Kinda slow but no problems (Only have to do it once though)

Sound Quality= have yet to use it and test it out (edit 7-2-08 Sound Quality was horrible, the guy laughed at me on the phone and saying"Man, i cant hear you!)<-keep in mind i was going 75mph.

F-series model: 900

Phone make/model: Samsung SCH-I760

Ease of connection: worked fist time

Phone book transfer: worked second time

Sound quality: 8 out of 10

Comments: after paying big for the worthless D3 bluetooth module, I was skeptical. On the D3, I tried three different phones and none worked well. The Mic quality was decent, but since it didn't work with any phones, who cares!

Now with the F, I have my entire phone book right there. THe auto-connect works perfect! And best of all, its built in! No $200 add-on! I put the mic right above the visor in my GMC. That might be why my quality seems to be better than most.