AVIC411.com

F-series bluetooth compatibility topic

F-series model: 700BT

Phone make/model: Sony Ericsson W760a (AT&T, debranded to W760i)

Ease of connection: Painlessly quick

Phone book transfer: Ditto

Sound quality: Very good

Comments: Only other BT devices that have been used in my truck (2008 Chevy Colorado Extended Cab) have been a Samsung WEP200 and a Garmin Nuvi 660. Never a sound issue with the WEP, but always complaints from those on the other end about echoing when using the Garmin. Didn't matter if it was through the Garmin speakers or the vehicle speakers. Have had no complaints at all since I started using the AVIC.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phone make/model: BlackBerry Storm 9530

Ease of connection: Easy as most Bluetooth pairings

Phone book transfer: Doesn't want to work.

Sound quality: Too loud/Over modulate even when volume on unit turned down. It's almost like it's coming from the phone too loud, but volume on phone does nothing to adjust.

Comments: Really wish it didn't seem like it was forcing the phone to full volume. Makes certain callers hard to understand. My voice sounds clear to the caller, however...most never even realize I'm in my car.

F-series model: 900

Phone make/model: Sony Ericsson W910i (unlocked)

Ease of connection: fast and easy

Phone book transfer: easy

Sound quality: Good but volume is way too loud at first. Voice is clear on both ends and conversation is natural and flows (no repeating or talking loud into the mike, etc...)

Comments: Connection is easy but it seems to take a moment to make a call sometimes or the call wont even go though. Maybe I'm being picky. Dropped a call on me once but hasn't since.

Update: Ok, I got a phone call on the way home from work this morning and the HU would not answer the call. I had to hit talk on my phone BUT the music still muted and it would not come back on after the call ended. :x My phone has been acting a little retarded lately though but who knows....

F-series model: 700

Phone make/model: palm treo 750 - old one (2 years old) Cingular/AT&T

Ease of connection: somewhat complicated on phone function

Phone book transfer: only did 8 out of 150

Sound quality: everyone says it sounds great and the caller sounds good

note - very little, but still some (barely audible) electro-static noise is present. when i tried to transfer phone book, the send buisness card function is not on early treos i guess, so it only took 8 of my contacts, the ones on the speed dial oddly enough. anyone else do this with a treo?

**update**

-I found this thread - http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... ook+editor - and within the thread is someone who uses a treo phone, and i used his advice and... vuala! all contacts transfered! still kind of a pain in the arse, but it worked!

F-series model: 900

Phone make/model: Nokia 6110 Navigator

Ease of connection: easy

Phone book transfer: Too long to upload

Sound quality: Sucks! Didn't work before 3.30 upgrade at all. Now it works. I can hear people fine they all say my sound is bad and it gets interrupted frquently.

Comments: Needs another good update.

• 1 month later...

Phone make/model: LG vx9600 (Versa)

Ease of connection: Painless

Phone book transfer: Complete*

Sound quality: Excellent

Comments: * Edited phonebook entries using Verizon's Backup Assistant to remove illegal characters. Tried disconnecting the phone and then marking and sending all contacts to the F700bt; the phone said they all went, but less than 10% showed up in the contact list. Reconnected the phone, then tried to pull from the F700bt using the "Phone book transfer" button, which worked completely. There was no indication during the process, neither on the phone nor the nav unit, that anything was happening, other than the "Cancel" button on screen. Patience and faith in science and technology proved virtuous again! :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

F/series model: 700BT

Phone make-model: RIM Blackberry Storm 9500

Ease of Conenction: swift

Phone book transfer: sometimes smooth, sometimes refuses

Sound quality: Very very bad!

On the other end all is fine, on my end heavily overmodulated sound. Cannot be adjusted. Also lowering the volume does not improve quality.

• 2 weeks later...

F/series model: 700BT

Phone make-model: Hacked AT&T Tilt (running RomEos latest ROM)

Ease of Conenction: easy

Phone book transfer: no problems at all

Sound quality: not bad, just like a speakerphone at home

I'm also coming from a DEH-700bt single din unit in my Jeep that had no issues with this phone, so I might be used to the sound quality.

F-series model: F700bt

Phone make/model: T-Mobile G1

Ease of connection: Really easy as long as G1 is set to discoverable in bluetooth options

Phone book transfer: Sort of works but does not transfer entire phonebook **Edit, works perfect now

Sound quality: Good

Comments: Not sure why it won't transfer the entire phonebook, I have maybe 75 contacts in there and it won't even transfer half of them. When I tell it to transfer the contacts it seems to work correctly, tells me its done downloading, but not all the contacts show up. I am going to try rebuilding my contact list from scratch in the phone since I transfered it from a sim card from a wm6.1 phone before that had some weird data issues.

Oh and I am us the JF1.42 build of RC33 on the G1 and my F700bt is pretty much stock 2.0 except a few tweaks to try to improve performance that I found on this forum.

**What Alphaman wrote made me really question what would be considered illegal characters. Well it turns out that the comma is an illegal character and I had most of my contacts written up with last name, first name. All the contacts like that wouldn't transfer. Once the comma was removed, it transfered perfect.

F-series model: F700BT

Phone make/model: LG CU515

Ease of connection: Quick, always connects

Phone book transfer: Only one "Contact" per send from the phone - Phone does not send the whole Contact List

Sound quality: Loud on my end through the car speakers. A little low on the receive end.

Comments: No omplaints about sound quality and a few calls did not know I was on a cell when I make a

call while parked.

F-series model: F700BT

Phone make/model: Nokia N95

Ease of connection: Quick, always connects

Phone book transfer: Default from phone is to send one contact at a time. Downloaded the Nokia_810_Contacts_Download_S60_3rd.sis program from europe.nokia.com and installed it on my phone, and was able to transfer entire phone book at once.

Sound quality: Good sound quality, not great, but good.

Comments: Works very well.

F90BT

Nokia E51 with latest firmware

Full transfer of contacts from SIM card and memory

Painless, easy bluetooth and phonebook transfer. No good differentiation between cell and home numbers, though that could just the the F90BT.

Tim