AVIC411.com

No longer have TTS voices as an option... they're missing!

When I first plugged in and turned on my F90BT, I selected Jason (English non-TTS) but at least saw the TTS voice as an option. I have no option to select any TTS voice (English or otherwise) and only have 3 options:

English (Jason)

Spanish (MEX dunno the name)

French (dunno the name)

where'd my TTS options go?

(I know the TTS chick has a problem saying comma all the time, but still...)

Finally got back from business trip. Resetting factory settings doesn't work. Neither does turning off power and pushing reset button, or turning power on and pushing reset button.

Does anybody know a way to clear the entire system back to first-time use? I looked through the manual's 3 ways and none of them remove my boot screen so none of them are truly clearing everything out.

• 3 weeks later...

it's weird because in "test mode" under:

\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\CONTENT\VOICE\

I have 6 files:

voice_eng-us-m1.zip

voice_esp-mex-f1.zip

voice_fra-f31.zip

these are the only choices I have for voice...

I also have these three which are the same as the update's \MiTACAP\APL2\iGo\content\voice folder:

voice_tts-nua-eng-us-f1.zip

voice_tts-nua-esp-f1.zip

voice_tts-nua-fra-can-f1.zip

I'm assuming these are the new TTS voices that I never had as an option, and still don't. They're in the folder, they should be read and it should be available to me as an option, but it's not.

Could somebody please boot into test mode and let me know if I have all of the voice files in this directory?

Just go into:

\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\CONTENT\VOICE\

and type up which ones you have. Thanks.

Maybe you completed the first step of the firmware update, but didn't finish all the steps?

Make sure you follow the steps to the update, specifically steps 7-11. Looking through the folders you copy over in steps 7 and 8, it looks like the TTS voices are there.

I have the voices, although I had to go to languages and select the guy voice then select Samantha to get it working.

Franco