AVIC411.com

z1 to z3 upgrade question

I'm wondering if anyone can verify for me that I have the new Z3 software as the person who sold me the HDD claimed. I can't find an option in the menus to look up the version, however this is a picture of the "service information" screen. This is the only thing I could find. The splash screen does indicate a cw of 2008.

post-19832-12872754651376_thumb.jpg

That's not enough info to tell. You need to do this:

AVIC-Z2_CheckingExtendedVersion.jpg

The thing to watch for is if you have the e-bay "mashup" image. Compare your version numbers to those on this list:

• [*:m7kk8wgc]Z2:
    Version: 02.0000
    CDDB:
    Platform: 2.000500
    GPS: 1.200000
    HDD: 2.140000

[*:m7kk8wgc]Z2/Z3 Mashup:
    VERSION: 03.0000
    CDDB: 08-01-0010 ( 2008-02-08 )
    Platform: 2.000400
    HDD: 2.130000

[*:m7kk8wgc]Z3:
    VERSION: 03.0000
    CDDB: 07-01-0030
    PLATFORM: 3.000100
    HDD: 3.100200

And for your other question, YES, you need the nd-bt1 connected to access the phone menu.

Alright, back to the shadows. Last post, really. 500 is a nice round number to go out on.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently purchased a Z1 for my wife's car and I wanted to upgrade it to a Z2 or Z3. I currently have a Z2 hard drive from my previous Z2 but needed to know could I just reinsert this Z2 drive into my wife's Z1 without any problems. Can I also have garretmooney place a Z3 image on the Z2 drive then insert it in the unit. Will I need to unlock the unit in order to insert these drives into the Z1 I just purchased. Thank you for any help.

I recently purchased a Z1 for my wife's car and I wanted to upgrade it to a Z2 or Z3. I currently have a Z2 hard drive from my previous Z2 but needed to know could I just reinsert this Z2 drive into my wife's Z1 without any problems. Can I also have garretmooney place a Z3 image on the Z2 drive then insert it in the unit. Will I need to unlock the unit in order to insert these drives into the Z1 I just purchased. Thank you for any help.

You can simply install your z2 hard drive in the z1, and it will upgrade it to a z2. The only thing that will need to be unlocked is the Z1 drive, in order to install the z3 image on it. PM sent...

garrettoomey

I installed the Z2 hard drive in the Z1 and it gave me a "this hard drive can not be used" error message. Does this mean that the Z2 hard drive from a previous Z2 unit I used to own is locked and will not work with the Z1 I have now because the Z2 drive is locked? Is it possible that the drive can be damaged...what are your thoughts.?

I have given this more thought. I bet that you can not mix and match drives between AvicZ units unless the HD has been unlocked. I have not installed locked hard drives in years. Send me your drive per our email conversations, and I will unlock, deactivate security, upgrade to Z3 and test it.

garrettoomey