AVIC411.com

Thanks, but the decision made and it ended up as No Thanks

You know, I ordered mine before I came across this site. I started reading the horrors, and then started looking for a different one before I canceled my F. But for some reason, after checking them all out and playing with the demos in the stores, I just didn't like them. I like Pioneer. Its like that girlfriend that pisses you off, but you love her anyway. I would rather get an F and hope the new firmware comes out, than "settle" for another. I will just wait it out.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said before though, there's really no-where to ask questions. This forum is incredible and I wish there was one for the DNX.

Maybe you should start one? PM Jason and ask him how he got this one going.

^ maybe you should wait for the update first before deciding... it's pretty much on the verge of being released as of now, so it can't hurt to wait it out another week or so. It could possibly relieve some of the problems it's having and possibly save you the time and money you'd spend replacing it... and if the update doesn't help you out, then go ahead with whatever you're planning.

Not really telling you what to do or anything, but it just seems that with the update being so close, you could be jumping the gun. If it was gonna be another month or something like that, I'd understand.

I'm sure they will fix the problems eventually but they won't fix what I don't like, like screen size(mainly font size on the clock, arrival distance, time, etc.) and the washed out look of the LCD in sunlight. Lucky for me my Audi has the time & date in the cluster cause if not, this radio would of been gone already. Fix the problems and give me control of how big I can put the time and I'll keep this, if not, I'll go with Kenwood as I know it already and I can place the clock in any of the 4 boxes in the GPS view, in nice readable font,

the washed out look of the LCD in sunlight. Lucky for me my Audi has the time & date in the cluster cause if not, this radio would of been gone already.

Al & Ed's says the fix proposed by Pioneer will address the poor screen contrast problem:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=108163#108163

But I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to make the clock any bigger...

Thanks for showing me that thread, it's basically saying that my biggest problem with the F700BT(bootup time) will never get fixed without a revision update, which means I'll start to sell mine today. Now to decide, the DDX812 or DNX8120??? And BTW the problem is not the contrast, it's the type of non-glare screen they chose,

i'm actually pretty interested in running dnx411.com or kenwood411.com. does jasonh actually respond to msgs on this site where i might get an idea of total bandwidth he's using per month? i currently host my own sites, have bandwidth to go around and don't mind registering the domain. anyone that can give me some information?

edit - looks like someone registered dnx411.com already, so are they setting it up? i could help out (i just purchased a 8120 last night)

edit 2 - maybe dnx411.info (i can get it for 2 bucks)