AVIC411.com

Problems with CDDB Upgrade

Ok I burned the CDDB using NERO on a CD-RW now I put the disk in and I let it update I left the car in garage and waited about 10:00 Min and went back to garage to check on progress and it said Error Upgrade Failed. So before putting my fist through My Z-1 I ejected the CD-RW from it and went inside and Found a Brand new CD-RW and burned it again new disk and all I put it in the Z-1 and it went through the normal bull crap and asked if I would like to upgrade so I acknowledged and it Started and Picked up where the Last CD-RW left Off at %53 Completion and Immediately put up the error Screen again. So I came back inside and "Re-Downloaded" the CDDB from Pioneer and Burned it to yet another CD-RW only to have it again Register at %53 an fail again. So I went ahead and "hit The Reset Button" on the Z-1 and it agin gave the same results. Upon these results I then push the Reset Factory Default Settings and Received the same results. Any suggestions? ???? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Well BMWJ17 did say he was using nero. I used that myself. I noticed the he was using CD-RW's. I used regular CD-R's.

If it keeps stopping at 53% you might have bad files, or it might be a problem with the CD-RW, try a regular CD and burn it slow.

Make sure you do the cd format as listed on the pioneer web site.
[quote name="BMWJ17"]Well I reloaded the CDDB to a CD-R and it worked. I am not sure what the difference was but it worked. Thanks all for you assistance.[/quote]

Well, CD-RW disks are "harder" to read than just normal CD-R's. Something about the material that is burned into reflects the laser light less than CD-R making it harder for some cd drives to read them.

[url=http://www.osta.org/technology/cdqa6.htm]http://www.osta.org/technology/cdqa6.htm[/url]
(second paragraph)

I think that might have something to do with it. Although I would have figured that most cd drives these days are made to read almost anything.