AVIC411.com

Screen too bright in the dark

The screen is way too bright for me at night. I have the brightness turned all the way down and it still is almost blinding at night. It feels like I need another 10 steps down from the lowest setting. Does anyone know of any tinted LCD screen protectors? I know that will also affect my daytime brightness but I can live with that. Not with the current brightness at night.

p1060111rg5.jpg

Even with illumination hooked up the screen will not dim at night or with headlights on. This is one of the issues Pioneer needs to fix when the firmware update is released.

I have the ACIC F-900 installed and confirmed illumination connection has no effect on brightness or button illumination or nightime map screen color. Spoke to Pioneer dealer tech support and they said working on fix. Nightime map color is not controled by illumination wire connection, it is based on time of day/night.

I have the illumination wire hooked up and the display switches from daytime brightness to nighttime when I turn my headlights on so that's not the issue. Both settings have the same brightness adjustment range so they should turn the night setting way down.

Even with illumination hooked up the screen will not dim at night or with headlights on. This is one of the issues Pioneer needs to fix when the firmware update is released.

I have the ACIC F-900 installed and confirmed illumination connection has no effect on brightness or button illumination or nightime map screen color. Spoke to Pioneer dealer tech support and they said working on fix. Nightime map color is not controled by illumination wire connection, it is based on time of day/night.

u hafta have ur headlights on and then lower the brightness to have it dim at night. i have it set in myne.

I had the same problem, give this a try:

1 - turn the headlights off and adjust the brightness

2 - back out of the setup screen

3 - turn the headlights on and adjust the brightness again

4 - back out of the menu

his problem isnt getting it to dim wit the lights, it that the dimmer is still to bright at the lowest setting.

Wulf, as of right now theres nothing that can be done about that, hopefully the FW update will fix that issue :?

his problem isnt getting it to dim wit the lights, it that the dimmer is still to bright at the lowest setting.

Wulf, as of right now theres nothing that can be done about that, hopefully the FW update will fix that issue :?

You got it.

Does anyone else think it is too bright when it's dark out?

The screen is way too bright for me at night. I have the brightness turned all the way down and it still is almost blinding at night. It feels like I need another 10 steps down from the lowest setting. Does anyone know of any tinted LCD screen protectors? I know that will also affect my daytime brightness but I can live with that. Not with the current brightness at night.

Pardon the segue, but how did you make your ipod screen turn blue? I didn't know you could change the background colors.