AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVH-P4000 all Q&A please post it here

I installed this HU yesterday. Things i haven't installed yet is the usb cable, ipod adapter and do the video bypass. I have a few questions though hope i can get some answers. Also I just thought if we just all keep ours Q&A here since it'll make things a lot easier to find.

1. background display works only if i do the video bypass correct?

2. i was planning on getting a push button switch at radio shack part#275-1548 and i heard someone was saying you would have to hold down the button in order to bypass the video?

3. anyway to bypass video w/out installing a switch?

thank you all!

I spent all freakin day tryin to get this AVH P4000 in. I am having a few problems. I am installing it in an 05 Chevy avalanche. The factory radio is non bose with onstar, I have the PAC SWI PS for the steering wheel controls and the Metra GMOS 1 interface for the onstar and chimes. I got a BOYO rear camera. I got it all in. The onstar seems to work fine. The steering wheel controls seem to work fine. The camera positive is hooked to a switched 12 volt source. I connected the reverse wire from the HU to the one for it on the Metra interface.

The problems:

1. When I listen to anything, it works fine for like 20 seconds, then the MUTE icon pops up on the display and it goes quiet. If I reset the radio by unplugging it or using the reset button it fixes it, for 20 more seconds. I checked all wiring and it appears fine. I finally decided to not use the mute wire from the HU to the Metra harness. That fixed the problem. Onstar still works but instead of just muting the radio, it turns it off during the call and then back on afterwards. I can live with that but would like to have it work correctly.

2. When I first turn the radio on, it works fine on radio. If I push the button for rear camera, the camera comes up fine. When I try to go back to radio, it stays on radio for a few seconds, then the screen changes back to the rear camera. I play a dvd, it plays the audio and video for several seconds, then it shows the rear camera but I can still hear the DVD audio. . It does not matter what I do, it keeps reverting to the rear camera like it is a back ground. I can't find anything in the settings to explain it. I even tried disconnecting the reverse wire on the back of the hu. No change. I unplugged the camera from the input on the HU, it still goes to that screen, it is just black. I am going nuts and am contemplating paying someone to figure it out. I appreciate it. Thanks

don't know about the mute thing, but as for the camera, it is a "source" so once you switch to it, it stays on. i guess it assumes you are still wanting to watch it.

to toggle it off, just turn the display off and back on, it will no longer show the reverse image.

Shouldnt it switch to another source though when I push the icon for something else. it seems like it shouldnt work like this.

If you push the rearview icon on the main menu it will toggle the camera view on and off, if I dont push on that ikon mine does the same thing where it flips back to the camera after a few seconds.

i don't have an ipod hook up but does unit allows ipod video playback? if yes, do i need to do anything or just plug and play?

You plug one side of something like this into the headphone jack on your ipod and the other into the audio and video inputs on the receiver. The colors wont match up..meaning you need to plug the red plug into the yellow video input and the yellow cable into the red audio input...

you can swap the aux video source on the a/v menu.

[/img][/code

post-15924-12872754693968_thumb.jpg