AVIC411.com

iPhone Bluetooth and Address Book woes

OK, so I did a search around and did not see anyone posting success here, so I wonder if anyone is able to do the following.

1. I am unable to get the bluetooth from my iPhone to stay connected for the f700 series. I have the D3 in my truck and it works fine, but my wifes F700 series does not work with her iPhone.

2. I am unable to get address book to transfer due to the iPhone's inability to SEND a contact via bluetooth. Someone else had mentioned they had this working.. but I cant figure out what they did.

Anyone having luck with the new F series and iPhone?

Brief follow up on my own post. Still working this issue..

My iPhone was 1.1.4 for the version of the OS. It was able to connect OK to the F700bt... my wifes was running 1.1.3 and unable to connect. I upgraded her phone, and was able to manually connect hers ONCE..

Then the fun...

My phone was no longer auto-pairing with her deck. (as it did initially) I was able to make a couple test calls with hers fine, but when I took her back out there to show her.. neither phone would work. I cleared the pairing and tried to re-pair both phones with no luck.

Neither phone is able to pair currently for the 1.1.4 OS on the iPhone to the F700bt.

This is STILL an open issue, but I wanted to post any updates as I find stuff out. Still working it through. I will wait and see on Friday when the new iPhones hit the market and I will try a 2.0 version on the deck.

Lets hope the address book works too at that point.

stand by...

Waiting anxiously to hear! Good bluetooth connectivity with my iPhone (1st-gen, of course) is important, and if it doesn't work, I'll return my F700 before I even install it (it's been sitting in the box for over a week.)

strange..

One quick question for anyone who has it working.. my understanding is that you had to push from the phone to get numbers in the address book. There is no "send contact to bluetooth" option like I had on my blackberry.. did yours just suck in the contacts?

anyone have any other version compatibility tips? 1.1.4 OS on the iPhone..

Did you pair from phone? Scan for devices?

I initially paired my iPhone (1.1.4 or whatever) just fine with the F90BT ... there's no such thing as voice dialing by name for iPhones and these units it seems, but I do get my phonebook transferred and proper bluetooth business going on. Then I updated my iPhone to 2.0 and it still works. Granted I didn't go back and re-pair it, but everything still seems to be working just great (aside from the aforementioned voice-dial-by-name BS).

Bluetooth pairs and auto-connects correctly with my 2G & 3G iPhones. Phonebook transfer also takes place correctly, just hit cancel on the send screen to automatically read contacts in and then wait for the process to complete.

Voice dialing doesn't work though (at least that I've been able to figure out, which makes no sense). It doesn't really matter though, because the bluetooth quality is so atrocious that nobody can hear what you're saying anyway.

• 1 month later...

I have voice dialing per se, so long as I say "call 214-555-1212" ... voice dial by name does not seem to work on any iPhone ... Pioneer tech claims this is due to an insufficient bluetooth profile on the iPhone ... that it's not their fault. I remain unconvinced, but what do I know?

Voice dialing didn't work with my iPhone 2G, but it works fine with my 3G after the firmware update.

I can now say "call Bill Smith mobile" and it will dial the correct number. Honestly this is FAR more useful than voice control of the iPod, which I almost never use now.