AVIC411.com

ipod control using touch screen

I did a search but did not find anything. I am trying to see if anyone has compiled a cheat sheet on how what buttons do what when you are using an ipod. I know I can change displays and have figured a few tricks but I am hoping someone had put something to together. Thanks

Yes I have an N2. I know when I set the screen to show 6 buttons I cant get them to do anything with the Ipod. There is also a way to display the 1 key thru 6 key and I can get it to d a few things but I believe with the right settings these buttons can be a big help.

OK, you have the same setup I have. The Ipod functions suck, those six buttons seem to only allow what you want to see on the screen which is limited to 6 or 8 characters. It sucks real bad. You can use your toogle (joy stick) or the arrows on screen to see the Genre and then keep toogle left or right until you get to the desired song but it's limited by the 6 to 8 characters. I find my self toogling all the time not ever really knowing where I am! I keep doing it until I hear a song I want.

If you don't have the Ipod unit book I have it; if you would like me to fax or email it to you PM me with your contact info.

The only good thing I can say about our systems is it sounds awesome with my eight speakers and sub!

I have a D3 in my wifes truck and it kicks butt with Ipod controls. I understand the N4 has the same setup as the D3 for Ipods.

well at least I know that I am not missing any tricks. I did take a hint from a thread in here and made several genres. Rock A, Rock B, Rock C etc etc that way I can move to a genre then change to artist and once on the artist I can change to album if I want. That has been a big help moving thru my 5k of songs.