AVIC411.com

anyway to avoid...

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh. So I emailed Pioneer about this issue, here's the reply I received back from them:

We suggest you give us a call at 1-800-421-1404 and we will try and assist you with this matter.

Thank You,

Clark

Customer Service Representative

So I rang them up, and I was told that it's "built in" and cannot be changed. The rep I spoke to tried to tell me that the TOC (Table of Contents) has the 2 second interval coded in. When I explained that if you play the disc there is no pause, only if the disc is recorded onto the harddrive, that's when he told me it was a "built in" feature. So I explained to him that it's really annoying, and asked if Pioneer was thinking of fixing it in any upcoming releases of the AVIC-Zx line. He kind of laughed and said that it's "not really a priority for us, so no."

I'm kind of jaded right now. :x

Why not just record the live album as a single track? I use Toast to do just that. I manually remove the 2-second gap that you are referring to and then the concert plays non-stop. You take your AIFF file CD and convert it to a 1-track MP3, then convert that back to an AIFF file that has no track breaks. In a car setting, the lossiness issue from converting back and forth is probably not going to be noticeable.

When I explained that if you play the disc there is no pause, only if the disc is recorded onto the harddrive, that's when he told me it was a "built in" feature. So I explained to him that it's really annoying, and asked if Pioneer was thinking of fixing it in any upcoming releases of the AVIC-Zx line. He kind of laughed and said that it's "not really a priority for us, so no."

Well, as long as it's not a priority for them then we should all be satisfied. I swear customer service has died a while ago in this country. Was this guy a supervisor? I'm willing to bet he said his name is "Tom" but he's clearly speaking to you from India or somewhere. lol

Thanks for trying though, man. I appreciate the update!

Why not just record the live album as a single track? I use Toast to do just that. I manually remove the 2-second gap that you are referring to and then the concert plays non-stop. You take your AIFF file CD and convert it to a 1-track MP3, then convert that back to an AIFF file that has no track breaks. In a car setting, the lossiness issue from converting back and forth is probably not going to be noticeable.

Thanks for the input. I would like to add the live albums to the library and I don't believe there is a way to do that through Toast or another program of the like. It's also very annoying on albums like Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall . Dark Side is meant to be listened to in its entirety and without interruption.

I think the only way to listen to these albums without the "breaks" is by the old-fashioned inserting of the disc each time. You also can not download music from an MP3 disc to the Library.

Paulpop72,

You are not getting it. :-) You are or WOULD be adding the live album to your AVIC library. Again, you are playing the retail CD as an AIFF file that you are going to use Toast to convert into a single track MP3 without any breaks. Once you have that concert as one long continuous MP3 file, you will then convert that MP3 file into what amounts to a commercial AIFF file that the AVIC will treat just like your original retail Dark Side of the Moon CD. You insert that disc and it starts recording it to your library. You then will search for the album Dark Side of the Moon and when it is found, you will see Album Name: Dark Side of the Moon, Album Artist: Pink Floyd. As a place holder for Track or Song Name, you can just say something like Live Concert. My point is that it will do what you want. I do that all the time.

• 1 month later...