AVIC411.com

Wiring harness pinout/bypass information

Hi everyone,

Nice to see you all over here in the D1/D2 section :)

I was wondering if one of you would be able to help me out. I want to learn more about the bypass for the D1/D2 and from what I see the information is:

In the D1/D2 wiring harness there is one empty wire slot. You stick a wire in that, ground it, and ground the parking brake as well.

Unfortunately I don't have a D1 or D2 (just the Z1). Would anyone be able to give me more infomation on this connector?

Is this the main connector with power, ground, etc? The Z1 has about 5 different wiring harness connectors, and I wasn't sure how the back of the D1/D2 looked.

Anyone have any pictures of the back and that connector?

Would anyone be able to give me a pinout list of that connector? Something like looking at the harness (into the female holes there) it looks like

1 3 5 7 9 11 13
2 4 6 8 10 12 14

And those pins are:
1 - Ground
2 - ACC power
3 - switched power...

Something like that. I want to learn about this model to work on the bypass for the new Z1's.

Thanks a bunch for your help.

Steve
According to what I understand the Z1 can not be bypassed the same way as the D1/2 - Go to the Z1 forums under hacks and there is information in there on how to bypass the unit.

As for the D1/2 - Ground the Ebrake wire, at the top of the connector is 1 open pin slot, if not using the blue ant a wire, pull this and put in that blank spot and then ground it as well.
[quote name="dpdurst"]According to what I understand the Z1 can not be bypassed the same way as the D1/2 - Go to the Z1 forums under hacks and there is information in there on how to bypass the unit.[/quote]

I know, I'm the moderator in the Z1 hack forums and I made the bypass circuits for the Z1. But Pioneer made a change to the units in July and disabled that bypass. I was hoping that by learning the other methods of bypassing other Pioneer units, it might help point me in a direction to how they might do it on the new Z1 units. I was hoping that with the help of the other people on this forum, I might be able to learn more about the other units Pioneer makes without having to go out and just buy one to take a look.

[quote name="dpdurst"]As for the D1/2 - Ground the Ebrake wire, at the top of the connector is 1 open pin slot, if not using the blue ant a wire, pull this and put in that blank spot and then ground it as well.[/quote]

That's what I know, but what I want is the pin outs of that connecter. What is there, what order they are in... etc....
Here ya go bro.

This pinout is viewing from the wire side, with the locking tap on top.

Row 1
1. RR Spkr +
2. RR Spkr -
3. LR Spkr +
4. LR Spkr -
5. VSS
6. Parking Brake
7. Accy
8. Ill.
9. Constant
10. Empty Slot

Row 2.
1. RF Spkr +
2. RF Spkr -
3. LF Spkr +
4. LF Spkr -
5. Remote turn on
6. Antenna Turn on
7. Reverse Input
8. Cell Mute
9. Ground
10. Ground

Good thing my d1 had to go out for repair today i guess....
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
im noob at this but i got the wires corretly matched up on the aftermarket harness so far i have two wires im not so sure about

accy- not sure what to do with this

antenna turn on- im suppose to find the factory atenna wire and tap into it
right?