AVIC411.com

Avic D3 and iPhone 3G

has anyone tried using the iphone dock in the car? i plan on buying the iphone 3g this next week (depending on availability). I've been planning on buying the iphone 3g dock and placing it in my center console where i currently have my iPod connection with my Avic. has anyone tried using the BTB200 with the iphone 3g dock to see if it can charge the iphone?

-KNemesis

Yes I have tried it and it does NOT work. The iPod cable hooked up to a dock will not even recognize the iPhone once you place it in the dock. The music plays through the iPhone speakers and NOT through the car speakers if the iPhone is docked to the iPod cable. I plan on getting the ridax adapter when it's available in September. I'm getting a crappy $10 USB ebay car charger until then.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just tried to sync the iphone g3 with the avic d3 and CD-BTB200 . I was able to connect the 2 but I could not upload contact list. Also when I turned the car off and back on the 3g wouldnt connected automaticly. I had to go in and manually connect the phone. Has any one else had this problem? If so have you figured out a fix? It also seems like everytime you update ipod or iphone with new software there is always the concern that things want work. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks Jo

I was getting ready to complete check-out payment on the pre-order of the Ridex Iphone 3G cable, but I figured Id ask you guys if anyone knew if this is a reputable company? I dont want to throw 44 dollars down the drain. Especially a month away from release, I may forget about ordering this and never recieving it. So if anyone has had any positive/negative experiences with them, please share, Thanks