AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z1 in a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee? Noob ?'s

Does anyone or (has anyone) know if a z1 will fit into a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee? From reading a few posts the things that have trouble are the bypass and the microphone if im right? What is the latest you want to get the z1 manufacturer date? And has anyone found a solid solution for the microphone echo situation?
Thanks
The Z1 can be made to fit a grand cherokee, how ever it will take a fair amount of work in order to get it to fit. Your probelm lies in the grand cherokee's radio opening is din and a half, and the z1 ofcourse is double din. How ever you go good luck.
first off the grand cherokee is a din and a half unit but also to the microphone does not work that well with this unit that i would suggest useing it. it was mainly used on the avic-n2 or d1 other models did not work that good. now also 2 check to see if the factory system is working properly sometimes the factory amps do need to be bypassed to get the function to work properly.
  • 2 months later...
They will fit, you have to sacrifice the top air vents, the other issue is the half inch thick metal that surrounds the radio, if the installer can get past that, then it will work, they almost couldn't do it with mine, but i got lucky and it all worked out, it all depends on the perseverance of you're installer.