AVIC411.com

D3 Question plus possible problem (ipod related)

First, is there anyway to pan through the artist list or you just have to keep hitting the down arrow?

Second, when you hit the menu button on the ipod "wheel" sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. Is anyone else's like this? Also, if you hit the menu button to go back a step and then go back to the current song you cannot hit the menu button again. It may sound confusing but it seems to be the simplest way to put it. Thank you for any help.

First, is there anyway to pan through the artist list or you just have to keep hitting the down arrow?

Second, when you hit the menu button on the ipod "wheel" sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. Is anyone else's like this? Also, if you hit the menu button to go back a step and then go back to the current song you cannot hit the menu button again. It may sound confusing but it seems to be the simplest way to put it. Thank you for any help.

I had a similar problem with the song list. I couldn't deal with scrolling through eight thousand songs so what I did was make playlists that alphabetize the songs. So if I want to hear "Love is the Drug" for example, I could find it easily in playlist "L" You could probably do something similar for artists.

I just got around to installing my D3 this weekend and haven't tried the menu button thing yet.

1 - No, there is no other way to scroll through the list of artists. You can narrow down the search by selecting a genre first, though. And you can also use itunes to build custom playlists using the first letter of the artist for the name of the playlist, one for each letter. Or re-working the genre setup so that for all song's who's artist's name begins with A, the genre for those songs is also A. These workarounds have been covered numerous times in topics on this board. In fact, I myself have probably posted some variation of this message at least 5 times.

2 - The menu button on the D3 works exactly like the menu button on the ipod. It brings you back 1 menu. As long as the car has been on, it will bring you back one step. But if you've navigated through some menus and then have turned off the car, when you turn everything back on, the D3 can't remember how it had gotten to where it was on the ipod, so the menu button won't do anything. Basically, the menu button will work until you shut off the car. It won't have a function again until you've navigated through some more menus.

Well that's good to know... I guess my explanation is what i came up with through my observations more than actual research. I only noticed the menu button not working when starting the system up... I never noticed it not working after a while during normal use. But then again, I rarely used the menu button in the first place. I just hit SHUFFLE ALL and hit forward when a song came on i didn't want to hear.

• 2 years later...

Not exactly, your mostly right. I wrote this up on here about a year ago. Go to the link below and read through post 12. There you will get a complete run down of what causes the MENU button to not function.

<!-- m -->http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... tton+issue<!-- m -->

Using the forum search feature, I saw a post where you mentioned you wrote a post on the D3s ipod menu button working then not working, when clicking on the link in that post it takes you back to the home screen(to old a post?) Do you remember this fix? Thanks...