AVIC411.com

XM antenna question.

Ok, finally got around to installing my D3 along with some components and an amp. Had also planned to wire up the bluetooth and xm modules but the location I had planned for them wasn't to my liking after I saw the amount of cable I'd have to hide. So I've settled on another location, however I've already run the XM antenna to the original planned location and it won't reach the new spot. I really don't want to tear my interior apart again to re-rout the antenna wire. My question is this, is the wire for the antenna extendable? Is it just a simple copper wire that I can solder to an extension to give me the couple extra feet I need? I want to be carefull since I once got the idea to extend the headphones for my ipod only to find some wierd braided conductor inside the insolation instead of copper wire :x .

No, I would not extend the cable, plain and simple.

I second that! I've read where some were able to cut the wire and reattach with success and some weren't able to get a signal no matter how they reattached the wires.So I wouldn't cut it.