AVIC411.com

Avic Z3 or F900BT

The voice recognition is really cool - my son is all - who needs that - but driving on the free way - I say change artist foo fighters - it does it - so far it is working really well - sometimes it flounders and needs to be reset - but mostly the voice rec is working well.

WTF do you need a CD changer for with the ipod, SD card slot, and DVD drive on the F90?

Hell, a DVD-R can hold hours upon hours of mp3's, and SD card at least twice that, and with an ipod... probably more music than most normal people could ever amass in a lifetime.

CD's are going the way of VHS... yesterday's news.

And don't gimme that CD's sound better than mp3's business... if you rip a CD at 320kbps, you'll never be able to tell the difference, especially in a car, which is about the worst environment for listening to music there is.

On my D3, I had the iPod and the Changer. The changer wasn't really used unless my girlfriend or friends brought their CDs along, then I would load them up on the changer. I wish the F series did have the changer option for that reason.

Well I guess the good thing is that with the F series, the CD/DVD drive is always available... unlike with the D3, so that's a plus for you. You can play their CD's on that and not have to worry about having to swap it out for a nav disk if you need to plot a route.

WTF do you need a CD changer for with the ipod, SD card slot, and DVD drive on the F90?

Hell, a DVD-R can hold hours upon hours of mp3's, and SD card at least twice that, and with an ipod... probably more music than most normal people could ever amass in a lifetime.

CD's are going the way of VHS... yesterday's news.

And don't gimme that CD's sound better than mp3's business... if you rip a CD at 320kbps, you'll never be able to tell the difference, especially in a car, which is about the worst environment for listening to music there is.

I also use Shure E5C's and SE530's, but I can't tell a difference between them and the earphones you get with the iPod. LOL.