AVIC411.com

Transferring Nextel i580 phone book to F700

Try this:

1. Break the current link between the phone and the unit (go into Bluetooth on the i580 and tell it to disconnect from the Pioneer).

2. Go into contacts, select a contact, pop up the menu and choose to send the contact. It should show the Pioneer as a possible destination. Select it.

I had the same problem and this method worked for me on my DNX8120. I never got a chance to try it on my AVIC before returning it.

I've got a Nextel i880... I'm having the same problem. It says the link is busy if I try to send it while connected. And when it's disconnected, it won't give you the option to send the contact via bluetooth.

Breaking the link works.

1. With the the phone connected hit transfer phone book

2. Go through all the menu boxes till the one that says hit ok when done transferring. Disconnect the bluetooth connection from your phone's interface and send business cards to the unit from your phone.

3. Profit!

Worked fine with my phone which has the same issue of only one bluetooth connection at a time.

Breaking the link works.

1. With the the phone connected hit transfer phone book

2. Go through all the menu boxes till the one that says hit ok when done transferring. Disconnect the bluetooth connection from your phone's interface and send business cards to the unit from your phone.

3. Profit!

Worked fine with my phone which has the same issue of only one bluetooth connection at a time.

It doesn't work... after starting the phonebook transfer process on the F90, I stop at that "hit ok when done transferring" prompt, then I break the bluetooth link through my phone, and when I go to transfer a contact via bluetooth, it can't find any device to send it to.

I had the same problem. How I solved it was going to the pairing screen on the Nav, telling it to pair from phone then canceling after my phone found the unit. My phone keeps the last search for bluetooth devices saved until another search is completed. So then I did the phonebook transfer and selected the Nav unit from the recently found devices menu.

Most phones I've played with save the bluetooth devices found in the last search as long as you don't initiate another search.

Try this and see if it works.

This really should be fixed by Pioneer. The unit should go into discoverable mode when this box is reached.

• 5 weeks later...

hey yall this i my first post...im drew from baltimore and im a pioneer dealer.....i have the i580 and the F900BT and i had the same problem with the bluetooth link....so i broke the link and tried the transfer....it appeared that it worked but then when i reconnecte dmy phone it did not work soooo wtf....anybody called pioneer tech support on this?