AVIC411.com

iPod Issues after firmware update

I like the fixes that have corrected issues on the firmware, but I have an issue that is now there that wasn't before.

If I am on my iPod screen and I want to change the artist using the voice command, 50% of the time it shuts down the iPod and mutes it. To fix it I have to reset the unit, reselect iPod on the AV1 setting and then it works.

Anyone else have this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I am new here. I was looking to see if there was anyone else with a problem using there iPod Touch (2.0 update to support APPS), working with the AVIC-F700BT. I can't get them to see each other at all. however, I tried a nano and that worked just fine.

Has anyone gotten it to work with the update? And or has anyone heard of any fix coming from either Apple or Pioneer about this?

Thanks in advance! :wink:

Thats funny, as I told them of this on Monday. Not sure when you spoke to them but, we pretty much figured it was the 2.0 update, as they told me they only support the 1.1.5 fw version.

They said it was most likely going to be an Apple fix cause they don't issue up dates much. like once a year. he could have been BS'n me but, that's what he told me.

Hi,

a problem I have is with podcasts. I cannot skip to the next/previous podcast and also I cannot fast forward or rewind. The same podcast keep playing in a loop and the only way to change podcast is to go to the podcast tab and select another one, that , especially if you have many short podcasts render listening podcasts almost impossible.

Anyone has the same problem ? If yes I will open up a support ticket with Pioneer. My Ipod is a 6th generation, hooked up with the Pionerr interface cable. I did not try with the previous firmware version.

--sav

Has anyone had any problems with left speakers cutting out or sounding busted or static when playing their ipod on the AVIC900BT with the new update? Everything was working great with the ipod source until I installed the new pioneer update. Every other source sounds perfect but as soon as I go to ipod source the left speakers sound like crap. I will be replacing the Pioneer ipod cable to eliminate the possibility of a bad cable but like I said, no problems until the update. Also tried 3 new ipods, same issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone had any problems with left speakers cutting out or sounding busted or static when playing their ipod on the AVIC900BT with the new update? Everything was working great with the ipod source until I installed the new pioneer update. Every other source sounds perfect but as soon as I go to ipod source the left speakers sound like crap. I will be replacing the Pioneer ipod cable to eliminate the possibility of a bad cable but like I said, no problems until the update. Also tried 3 new ipods, same issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Yes. I do. I thought I was crazy. If it didn't cost so much and I didn't love my truck so much, I would toss this thing forcefully at the temple of the designer. I cannot transfer contacts, my iPod drops in and out and when I do connect my phone via BT the unit pumps feedback through the phone and disconnects any phone calls I make. Of by chance the call stays connected the person on the other line is forced to hang up due to the noise.Should of bought a Kenwood. :twisted:

Yes. I do. I thought I was crazy. If it didn't cost so much and I didn't love my truck so much, I would toss this thing forcefully at the temple of the designer. I cannot transfer contacts, my iPod drops in and out and when I do connect my phone via BT the unit pumps feedback through the phone and disconnects any phone calls I make. Of by chance the call stays connected the person on the other line is forced to hang up due to the noise.Should of bought a Kenwood. :twisted: