AVIC411.com

Where can I buy replacement parts or the D series

Ok now I am getting a little ticked because I cant seem to find anywhere online where I can find these replacement parts to fix the D series Navs units. Is there a place I am missing?

As you can see here I have a cracked touch screen that I need replaced.

I refuse to goto pioneer as they gave me a ridiculous price on a new one.

So does anyone know where I can pick this up from?

My screen itself is working perfectly but i just need the touch screen protion of it that goes in front of the screen.

Please help.

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

Wait... you're going to stop selling and recommending Pioneer's products because YOU broke it? And because the only place you can get replacement/repair parts for it is from the manufacturer (much like with most electronic devices these days) ???

Well that doesn't sound completely illogical at all! :roll:

Is that for a D1/D2 or D3? If D1/D2, the touch panel isn't that expensive.

CSX1085 Touch Panel $57.95

It's a lot cheaper than the guy on eBay anyway.

BTW, you will NOT find aftermarket replacement parts for ANYTHING electronic. Perhaps in the old days, vacuum tubes for a Philco TV could work in a Zenith TV, but those days are long gone. All big brands use as many proprietary, manufacturer-only parts as they possibly can.

It looks like a standard 4-wire resistive panel though. You can possibly find 6.5" (for D1/D2) or 6.1" (for D3) resistive panels in the aftermarket somewhere, but I doubt it'll be any cheaper than Pioneer charges and you'll probably have to somehow run long wires because the connection is probably not in the same spot.

• 2 years later...