AVIC411.com

Video Output / TTS Clarification

Hey F900BT/F90BT owners

I have not purchased yet, but whether or not I buy a F700BT or F900BT pends on this one point:

If I'm playing a video for my daughter on the 900BT through the video/audio out in the back of the unit to the monitors in the headrests in the backseat; do I _have_ to view/listen to it on the whole radio? I'd like to know that the video can be playing on the read monitors, navigation going in the front and some of my MP3s playing.. is this possible?

Second; Am I right in understanding that none of the F series will take voice commands for navigation? EG; "Navigate to 100 W Main lalaville Texas"? Did I also read correctly that TTS does not work on Navigation? Surely I misread, please clarify.

Not possible with ANY of the F-series units. Only 1 audio/video source is usable at a time. If you want it to play on the rear monitors, it has to be playing on the unit as well, although you can still use the nav while it plays.

You can, however, do what you described if you went with one of the Z-series units.

Yep, you're correct. The voice recognition only works with the ipod (audio only) and bluetooth. You can also use voice command to change the source to the SD card, USB input, and DVD drive, even though there are no voice commands that actually operate those sources once you get there. Any functions that would be inaccessible while the car is moving (without the bypass of course) do not have voice recognition functionality, because you're technically only supposed to use them then the car is parked, negating the necessity to have voice recognition for those functions. These include nav routing and video playback (from any source... DVD drive, SD card, ipod, etc.)

well, I pulled the trigger. Newegg had the Avic F700BT for $605+$10 for shipping; couldn't say no to that kind of deal.

I was almost about to order the backup camera and I saw the $200 pricetag.. what gives? Can I use any Svideo compatible camera or is there something else going on?

Thanks again.

EDIT: Somehow this post got put in the wrong thread, removed it and put it here in its proper place