AVIC411.com

Did the update take away the blue boxes on NAV?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys im new to this forum but from what i see this is the place to be for this unit.I was fortunate enough to get a unit with the the update all ready installed they sat look for a blue dot next to the ser num#.but anyway.I was going thru the functions and seen i do not have the Samatha tts i still have Jason will my unit still prfrom at its otptimal level.and yeah i have the boxes to they dont bother me though ..later

I spoke with pioneer about this problem among other issues and they mentioned the boxes are supposed to stay there, that's how they designed it. It's all BS if you ask me.

what purpose would pioneer think these boxes serve when the destination isnt being used. such a poor excuse to not hafta fix their mistake.

what purpose would pioneer think these boxes serve when the destination isnt being used. such a poor excuse to not hafta fix their mistake.

Beleive me, I asked, he said it was just the way they designed it...sure.

Now you know why it didnt come with a manual, it's so they can fix their mistakes as they go.

LOL. im startin to like Pioneer less and less because of little things like that.

I swear, if it wasn't for the little goodies that the F series has:

iPod voice commands

SD card

Beautiful picture

Volume Knob

i wouldve traded for an 8120. but after having experienced the good out of those features, im stuck to this unit.

I spoke with pioneer about this problem among other issues and they mentioned the boxes are supposed to stay there, that's how they designed it. It's all BS if you ask me.

The classic "It's not a bug, it's a feature" excuse. So why don't they advertise it?: "New with the F-series, pretty colored empty boxes which limit your view of the pesky map screen!!"

Maybe in the next update they'll enlarge them for us!!