AVIC411.com

AVIC-N3 Install in 2006 Impala

I finally got my N3 working in my Impala. I've attached some pictures to show how it looks and where I grounded my cables for the bypass. I purchased the GMOS-LAN-01 Scosche device so I wouldn't need to tap into the VSS or reverse signal wire.

At present there are several options on the nav menu I'm unable to select but a search revealed this could be due to a bad burn (I'm using a burned CNDV-70MTP disc).

post-20931-12872754754643_thumb.jpg

post-20931-1287275475598_thumb.jpg

post-20931-12872754757014_thumb.jpg

post-20931-1287275475808_thumb.jpg

post-20931-1287275475894_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

I'm working on getting a better burn of the CNDV-70MTP disk based on the instructions here:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... ess+search

At present I'm having a hard time injecting the new files into the existing ISO but once I get that done and get it working, I'll post my results in that post and try to help others who may be having trouble.

Since I live in Chi-town I'm only working on the East Coast DVD at the moment...

I see you got 1 ground to the avic, 1 to the blue thing, what's the other ground for?

There is one ground wire running from the AVIC harness (the blue thing)

There is one ground wire running from the parking brake sensor (light green wire connected to black ground wire, this is for the bypass)

There is one ground wire running from the Scoche GMOS-LAN-01 harness

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Shadowjack did you get it to work .

Sorry been away a little bit.

Everything was working fine for a while, now my battery is draining pretty much overnight!

I did some troubleshooting and from the looks of it if I disconnect everything from the vehicle the car starts the next morning; if I disconnect JUST the N3, the battery still drains. That makes me believe it could be the Scosche GMOS-LAN-01 that is the culprit?

Using my pictures included, does anyone see anything glaring from a wiring perspective? I bought this unit used and when I first hooked it up, the previous owner had connected the red wire to the yellow wires for some reason!

I fixed that but not sure if there's anything else wrong.

Thanks for the feedback in advance...

PS - Yes I did get the DVD working properly so if you're still in need of a copy send me a PM w/your contact info and we'll work something out...

Everything was working fine for a while, now my battery is draining pretty much overnight!

I did some troubleshooting and from the looks of it if I disconnect everything from the vehicle the car starts the next morning; if I disconnect JUST the N3, the battery still drains. That makes me believe it could be the Scosche GMOS-LAN-01 that is the culprit?

Using my pictures included, does anyone see anything glaring from a wiring perspective? I bought this unit used and when I first hooked it up, the previous owner had connected the red wire to the yellow wires for some reason!

PS - Yes I did get the DVD working properly so if you're still in need of a copy send me a PM w/your contact info and we'll work something out...

If it was working fine before, check your charging system, battery connections and the battery too. I had a similar event with an alarm, and it turned out to be a bad battery.

regards

~Marc

If it was working fine before, check your charging system, battery connections and the battery too. I had a similar event with an alarm, and it turned out to be a bad battery.

regards

~Marc

Sorry should have mentioned that; I had the battery tested under load & the results stated the battery isn't bad...