AVIC411.com

F700BT Installed in my Honda Fit

So I got this car on Father's Day and promptly installed a D3 I pulled out of the car I traded in

In my other car, an Integra, my D1 that I got brand new when they first came out was finally showing it's age... the touchscreen's left half was all messed up, and I guess I finally got sick and tired of the poor iPod interface after becoming use to the far superior one of the newer units

Anyways, yesterday I bought a F700BT from Circuit City (using a great offer for AAA members available until Aug 15, 8% off any order) and decided to put this in the new car and move the D3 over to the Integra (which has XM/Nav Traffic and didn't feel like uninstalling/reinstalling that, hence not just putting the F700 in that)...

I really like this new version of their nav units except the "startup time" is ridiculously slow..... it paired up with my iPhone just fine and even transferred my contacts up (i was under the impression it wouldn't)... and i really really reeeealy like the new searching options for the iPod...

So goodbye to my D1, which now sits in the bottom of my outside trash can, hopefully i get a lot of use from this new F7000 and the D3 in my cars

Here's the Scosche kit for the Fit... it matches in color and texture pretty close, but the top right corner doesn't snap fully into place (just a little off, but enough i know it's there and enough to drive me crazy)

2708201699_0de4dbf944.jpg

Installed in place....

2709015782_7172ee12ae.jpg

And just to give an idea of downstream from the unit... an Alpine PDX5 amp and a Kicker 10" woofer mounted in a custom made box i did that snaps into place like a hatch cover would.... door speakers are all stock for now (but still amplified by PDX5)

2708198269_bf6e96183a.jpg

How did u use the AAA discount??

There's a link that says "Click here to have a promotional code emailed to you" right on the page

put in a sub and the golf clubs fit...bonus!

That was for sure the ultimate goal

Looks good on this end! How does it sound with that Alpine?

I would recommend this amplifier to anyone and everyone, great sounding amp, small footprint, and has plenty of power

So goodbye to my D1, which now sits in the bottom of my outside trash can, hopefully i get a lot of use from this new F7000 and the D3 in my cars

If you were serious about chucking the D1 in the trash, I'm interested to buy it off you. I sent PM, but thought I'd mention it here in case you don't notice that PM indicator.