AVIC411.com

Wait For Avic F700BT? or F900BT?

I have a D3 In My Wife’s Van, I just added one to my grand prix. I Returned the unit to the store because of a problem reading the disk.

The Tech Recommended I wait until they had The F700 or F900 In stock in a few days. I don’t care one way or the other about the DVD but I do care that the PAC SWI Unit I bought works. The steering wheel controls are important to me. Is there anyway to keep this functionality with the F series?

Also should I wait or have them ship me a D3 from another Store. I'm trying to build a pros and cons list.

Thanks,

The F700 doesn't have:

- internal gyro and g-force sensors (aids in nav accuracy)

- a DVD drive, it only has a CD drive

- the ability to play divx files from a disk

- MSN direct

- Composite audio/video output

Also, the 700 has a matte finish where as the 900 has a glossy finish

Everything else is the same.

If you go here and click the compare boxes for the 700 and 900 and click the compare button, you can see a side by side comparison of features.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/Navigation/In-Dash

Can the 900 actually tell you your G's while driving? I was looking at getting the 700 but I do not want to miss out on any cool features like a g meter but I think I can do without the MSN and DVD.

Basically what I am asking is whether or not the extra 250 or so is worth it for the 900 if I don't really care bout the MSN (I have an iPhone 3g), and the DVD is not important either, (I have an iPod w/ video). If it has a G meter while driving that would be cool but would that be worth $250...

No, it doesn't display any info from the gyros/g-meter. It just uses that data to make the nav more accurate. Basically, if you don't care that it won't play DVD movies, divx files, and that the finish is different, no, it's not worth the extra money.

Can someone confirm a few things for me. I have read a bunch about these units and I have a few things I would like clarified if someone could help.

How long is the 700 boot time?? is it the same as the 900? What functions after how much time?? ex. music in what like 5 seconds? Screen in how long??

I have read these units only display maps with North on the top. Can you really not set it so if you are going south, south is on top?? I have played with it in CC and if this is possible, how do you do it?

Can anyone who has the 900 take a Pic of it installed, I wanna see the gloss finish?

Thank you if anyone can help me.. I really appreciate it