AVIC411.com

Installing the Avic-F900Bt

I just got mine in the mail today and I am too much of a coward to attempt and install it myself. I am planning on taking it to Bestbuy or circuitcity to have them install it for me. How much will it cost me to have them do it? Will I need any other accessories for them to install it in my car? I know there is a speed sensor in the device will they be able to program it if it needs any special programming?

at circuit city, IDNAV is 160 bucks. depending on the car, you'll need a dash kit, possibly an ant adapter, and a car side harness. circuit city does not usually run the speedpulse, but they could do it for an extra 16. you'd have to talk to the installers about doing the bypass.

so at most you'll spend like, 240 bucks to have it completely done. but call ahead of time and see if they have a 2Din kit.

... i work there.

Soldering to me is like brain surgery I never mess with it.

Does anyone know ifI am going to get better sound quality on my current system when I install the F900bt? Also, is it that difficult to install the speed sensor? The tech guy is trying to tell me that its not accurate and not necessary even after I offered to pay a little bit more.

I recommend doing the installation yourself also, you will save tons and you can guarantee the job was done perfect. If you don't want to solder, then I recommend just crimping the wires which is faster and easier than soldering anyhow.

Depending on your current system, it may or may not give better sound. It is highly likely that it will since there is an adjustable EQ on the F-series. The difference will not be astounding, but it can be quite noticeable.

The speed sensor wire is not necessary for the installation, the unit will function perfectly fine if it is not connected. The speed sensor wire provides more accurate arrival times and can also continue navigating a route when the GPS signal is temporarily lost. As far as accuracy, the unit stays a constant 2mph below my speedometer speed. I don't understand why the tech wouldn't install it after you asked, that seems odd. It took me maybe five minutes to locate and tap the wire, much easier than the reverse sensor wire.

Ok what about regarding the hack? What are the benefits of this hack? And can it be done before the installation? Or should I tell the tech to do it. It is out of the question for me to do it myself I just dont have the patience for it. I also have an unrelated question.. I am trying to sign up for MSN Direct service but I want to get the free trial before paying up the 60 bucks. Only problem is that it asks me for an activation code https://www.msndirect.com/Activate/EnterProductKey.aspx

Soldering to me is like brain surgery I never mess with it.

Does anyone know ifI am going to get better sound quality on my current system when I install the F900bt? Also, is it that difficult to install the speed sensor? The tech guy is trying to tell me that its not accurate and not necessary even after I offered to pay a little bit more.

I have much better sound from the 900BT - it replaced my factory MBz head unit which uses a Bose amp - the Bose speakers are now wired to the F900 (I cannot use the amp any longer) - sound is amazing - the base from the subs seems to have more punch. I'm definitely happier. Good luck.

You have to power up the unit in order to retrieve the MSN Direct activation code, as it's contained within the software itself. (From the top menu, hit "Routing", then "MSN Direct" in the bottom right corner.) Once you get the code, you get three months free service. At the time you activate it online, however, there's also an option to get an additional 6 months for $9.95 - I got that.