AVIC411.com

WTF?!? No sound all of a sudden!!

The past week I've been having this problem, and it's becoming more frequent.

Sometimes I turn the car on and the Pioneer boots up and I can hear the sound just fine... but occasionally (last week it was about once a day) it would boot up, but have NO SOUND at all.

Today I turned the car on in the morning, and it was fine. When I left for lunch, there was NO SOUND coming out. I tried turning it off and on again, same thing. Then when I came back from lunch, again, NO SOUND.

WTF is going on?!? :evil::evil::evil:

Pioneer does not make a Bose adaptor. I would look into the module if anything.

I'm not sure on the 2008, but previous years the remote turn on drew alot of current in those cars. A relay on the remote wire would fix that.

pin 85 to rem wire on deck, pin 86 to ground, 87 to constant and 30 to remote wire going into the module, 87a not used.

i had something similar to this. i had an alpine system with a power acoustik capacitor. one day the capacitor died and whenever a hard hitting bass occured in the song the sub would turn off. because the cap wasnt working to regulate the current whenever it drew alot of power the sub shut it self off....now u have a 12v radio powering speakers that normally work on 5.5v with no adaptor. could be the problem right there... but heres an adaptor for you to try it out

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=276

i had something similar to this. i had an alpine system with a power acoustik capacitor. one day the capacitor died and whenever a hard hitting bass occured in the song the sub would turn off. because the cap wasnt working to regulate the current whenever it drew alot of power the sub shut it self off....now u have a 12v radio powering speakers that normally work on 5.5v with no adaptor. could be the problem right there... but heres an adaptor for you to try it out

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=276

That's the adapter I have.

• 2 months later...