AVIC411.com

Avic D3 + HD Radio Adapter=Nothing

So i just tried installing my HD radio tuner mode GEX-P10HD. Pluged everything in correctly. Grounded the black wire and connected the yellow wire to the battery wire running to the D3. The directions say i dont need to plug the antenna in the back on the radio anymore, to plug it into the HD tuner adapter, so i did and nothing. Now i rechecked all my connections and cant seem to find where the problem is lying. i dont get any radio sound. One thing i read was if i am using a nav system with xmnav traffic, to get an antenna splitter and connect it through that, but im not using xmnav (dont have it) do i still need the splitter or is the batter wire to the d3 not enough power. thanks for any help

Does the HD radio receiver respond to commands? Does the D3 recognize it?

On the screen, does it appear to be receiving any stations? Can you 'use it' but just not hear it? If so make sure you have the IP-Bus cable in the correct connector on the HD Radio unit, or try switching connectors and see if you can hear it.