AVIC411.com

Using Ipod classic & Touchscreen issues

I connected my ipod to the USB cable coming out of the Avic-F900BT and eventhough it shows all the information on the songs etc... I still can not hear anything. What is the issue? I am also having problems with the touchscreens response time. How can I resolve this issue?

The no sound issue could be one (or two) of two things.

1. BEFORE you plug the iPod into the unit, you must first go to Top Menu-->Settings-->AV Settings-->Tap 'AV1 Input' until it says iPod. Then plug the iPod into the unit and it should play

2. In order to use an iPod on the F-series, you must use four cables (USB cable and three composite cables). The USB cable is only used to display song/playlist/album data and does not transmit the actual sound/video to the unit, that is what the composite cables are for. You can use the Pioneer iPod cable (forgot the part number but you can find it on the F-series accessories pages) or you can use Apples composite iPod cable.

As for the delay in touchscreen response time, that is just one of the flaws in the system and is normal. Hopefully Pioneer is fixing this problem with another firmware update.