AVIC411.com

Bluetooth contacts - voice dialing

Hi folks...

I've just ordered an F900BT which should hopefully arrive in the next few days. I played with one in my local store, and have a question.

I know the bluetooth function works with my phone perfectly - and this is the first all in one kit I've found to do that (HTC Touch Diamond).

The only problem - which I've seen mentioned here already - is that the contacts don't show the different numbers for each person. ie. On my phone I have John Smith, and he has Home, Mobile and Work - but on the F900BT it just displays 3 different John Smith's, with no indication of what each one is.

I noticed on the front page of this website a video from Pioneer, where a guy driving calls someone through voice dialing. He says 'Let me call Jill' - the F900 then replies 'There is more than one number for Jill' - and the guy replies 'Let me try her home first' - and it dials her home number.

DOES THIS REALLY WORK?!?! Or should I go through my contacts and make a new contact for each number? i.e - John Smith (M), John Smith (H), John Smith (W)?

Also - I read in the manual something about the F900 reading messages to me. Is this SMS?

Thanks...

Well first you need to find out if you can actually use voice command to make a call by saying the contact name rather than the phone number. A lot of people are having trouble with that. Most people are having to say "call 555-2957" instead of "call Susan" for the voice recognition to work.

But I'm pretty sure IF you can get it to work with the contact names, it will ask you which number to use if a contact has more than 1.

Hey p3eps,

How did you transfer your contact using the HTC touch ? I am having a problem where only 5 out of 25 contact make it to the pioneer unit. Basically what I am doing is :

Hitting the phonbook transfer button on the Navi. Press okay on the couple of following dialog and the it says loading data (or something similar). The it says done but only a portion of my contact make it through.

I don't do anything on the phone. I was reading that some people beam every contact individually. Is that how you did yours ?

Thanks for your help

Simon

Hey p3eps,

How did you transfer your contact using the HTC touch ? I am having a problem where only 5 out of 25 contact make it to the pioneer unit.

Hi Simon...

To be honest I only used the unit for about 20 mins on the shop demo one. I'm still waiting for my own one to come. As far as I could tell, it seemed to sync all my contacts at once. I could be totally wrong though and it may have just given me a selection. I paired with the unit using the phone and then pressed the sync button on the F900.

I'll hopefully be able to answer your question in the next few days when my F900 arrives :)

Hey p3eps,

How did you transfer your contact using the HTC touch ? I am having a problem where only 5 out of 25 contact make it to the pioneer unit. Basically what I am doing is :

Hitting the phonbook transfer button on the Navi. Press okay on the couple of following dialog and the it says loading data (or something similar). The it says done but only a portion of my contact make it through.

I don't do anything on the phone. I was reading that some people beam every contact individually. Is that how you did yours ?

Thanks for your help

Simon

You may have an issue similar to the blackberry where people had to transfer contacts separtely as Business and Personal or something like that. This BB issue is mentioned on here somewhere...

Thanks for the input,

I tried to import the contact one by one. Here is the issue that I have with that. When I select the transfert phonebook menu and go up to the point where I am supposed to beam the contacts from my phone, the phone doesn't see any device to connect to. I read from a thread somewhere that to fix this, you can go to phone options/connection (on the F900) and try to pair the F900 from the phone. Then the phone see the navi for long enough to send 1 contact. If I could repeat these step for each contact then, while quite a pain, I would probaly be okay. The problem is that every time you select transfer phonebook, it erase all the contacts ... Here is a sumary of the steps that I doing :

F900

1. Transfert phonebook (go to the screen where you are supposed to beam)

Phone :

2. Select a contact and beam (don't see any devices to send to)

F900 :

3. Cancel phonebook transfert

4. go to phone option and try to pair with a device from the phone (the the phone sees a device)

5. cancel the pairing go back to transfert phoneboox

Phone :

6. Send the one contact. If I try to send another, the navi is no longer visible.

F900 :

7: Click okay, that contact transfered okay

So now If I want to do this again for other contact, transfering the contact will erase the one I just put in ... (is there a way to just append to your contacts ?)

So basically right now, I can only have 1 contact at a time using this method.

I'll keep playing and reading but if anybody get it to work in the meantime let me know please !

Other than that, the unit is pretty cool !

Thanks

Simon

I just got my 900 installed yesterday and before my samsung a900 wouldnt stay connected and i had multiple problems but now it works fine. i havent talked on it yet though. but my phonebook was like this.

set phone to: always visible

f900: phone> settings > conection > add device> search > touch my phone

a900: "pioneer navi wants to connect" accept

f900: phonebook transfer > yes > ok> then it says loading and after a minute it says its finished.

I just got my 900 installed yesterday and before my samsung a900 wouldnt stay connected and i had multiple problems but now it works fine. i havent talked on it yet though. but my phonebook was like this.

set phone to: always visible

f900: phone> settings > conection > add device> search > touch my phone

a900: "pioneer navi wants to connect" accept

f900: phonebook transfer > yes > ok> then it says loading and after a minute it says its finished.

This is exactly what I did with my Touch Diamond and it worked no proble.

I got my F900BT today - but am still waiting for the double din face plate to arrive for my car before fitting it.

Okay well just a quick update. While its a bit of a pain, I can send my contact one by one by attempting to pair my phone with the F900 and then going to the phone book transfer. Redoing phone book transfer doesn't seem to erase contacts that are already in there.

It does create one contact entry per phone # so if a contact has 3 phone # it creates 3 contact. When I perform voice dialing, it ask me which of the 3 # I want to call so its okay ...

Tought i'd let you guys know

Simon

Okay well just a quick update. While its a bit of a pain, I can send my contact one by one by attempting to pair my phone with the F900 and then going to the phone book transfer. Redoing phone book transfer doesn't seem to erase contacts that are already in there.

It does create one contact entry per phone # so if a contact has 3 phone # it creates 3 contact. When I perform voice dialing, it ask me which of the 3 # I want to call so its okay ...

Tought i'd let you guys know

Simon

That's odd. I followed the small instruction booklet that came with the F900BT and it uploaded EVERY number with out issue. It did take about 2 or 3 minutes though. I'm glad you got it figured out though.