AVIC411.com

Hi all. Newbie avic411'er here. Been a long time visitor of this site and its awesome. Anyways to my problem and question... I've recently upgraded my Z1 hdd into the Z3 hdd. When I had my Z1 hdd i've never had any problems at all. Now that I've installed my Z3 hdd, whenever I do a voice command address search, it asks for city name. I say "San Diego" and it seems as though the unit does not recognize San Diego. It either gives me "indio" or some other city in CA. I've never had this problem with the Z1 hard drive. Is there any way to fix this? My mic, by the way is right above my rear view mirror in a 2006 Acura RSX.

DSC03965.jpg[/img]

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Same problem. Same car. No relation tho, lol.

When I say "Toronto" it will NEVER recognize the name. Not once did it work.

What about 'Torona'. I found that very few devices (biological especially) tend to remember there is is a second T.

This is the first system I have owned with the interface & voices in only in American English. Definitely took a while to get used to.

• 4 weeks later...

I live in Los Angeles, and just upgraded my Z1 to a Z3. I have noticed that the Spanish pronunciation of words of Spanish origin is now out of control!

Yes, "La Jolla" should be pronounced with an H, but not "Los Angeles!"

I could not get the voice navigation to recognize the way I said "Los Angeles" anymore. Then I heard the text-to-speech say "Los Ang-Hay-Lez!" Now, if I say "Los Ang-Hay-Lez," it knows where I want to go.

Santa Monica is now "Son-ta Moan-Eee-Ka." I'm sure there are many overly Spanish pronunciations that I will stumble across over time.

Who's in charge of the Z3's phonemes? Pioneer? TeleAtlas?

Try speaking "San Diego" to your Z3 with an obvious Spanish accent.

Instead of saying "San" as in "sand," say it more like "son-" as in "sonic." "Diego" is pretty much the same in either language, but try to put a Spanish spin on it too.

I did this on my Z3 and it worked. The American English pronunciation did not!