AVIC411.com

Petition for the Avic-F Series

is there a way for us to send some kind of petition to adddress all of our problems with the Avic-F series? All of us paid a pretty penny for the damn thing so we need to breathe down Pioneer's throat to release a fix for all the problmes that we are having. Please let me know if it is possible and if anyone is willing to do so

What makes you think they aren't already working on more?

theres already word of a second update so there shouldnt be any doubt....but on the other hand i have to admit i was shocked when i heard that. i felt like every1 had to twist pioneers arm to do the update. how long was the f series out for before jason made the thread to post the issues so pioneer can get working on them.

and a major company like that releasing such a bugged unit shows one of 3 things:

1. it didn't go through proper testing prior to release (which is reasonable considering most electronic items are rushed towards the end)

2. the engineers and developers are not too experienced

3. pioneer knew of it and ignored it hoping that customers would just accept it.

i love pioneer products, dont get me wrong, but i feel that their customer service sucks and they dropped the ball on this one, and it was a hassle to get them to fix what never should have been faulty.

I think you hit it on the head with this one

"the engineers and developers are not too experienced"

But after having 2 months to work on the first update, they did greatly improve the product. So if they are indeed working on another, they have probably already been at it for a month. A petition to get them to do it is just a waste of a petition

I'd like to sign a petition to get the damn 4th gen ipod to work...

tell me about it.. i ended up trading my 20gb click wheel for a 4gb 1st gen nano just because i refused to buy a second one.

Same problem. I've been keeping my 20gb click wheel in the car just for the HU for the last 3 years... now it won't work!!! I ended up buy the new nano's from a friend.

I've been keeping my 20gb click wheel in the car just for the HU for the last 3 years... now it won't work!!! I ended up buy the new nano's from a friend.

There comes a point where just about any technology becomes obsolete... especially lately. You should consider yourself lucky you were able to use it for so long as it is!

Guest astrobill

Yep...more apologia for Pioneer from HiFiSi....

"Hey...stuff eventually becomes obsolete, so stop complaining that you can't use your 4th gen ipod with the Pioneer, even though any JVC, Alpine, or Kenwood nav unit can handle them...that's right....just be happy you have anything at all! Kids in Cambodia would KILL for an F-series AVIC to crush spiders with!"

LOL

Pioneer...we love you so much, we'll take ANYTHING you give us and be happy! MORE GRUEL PLEASE, SIR!